ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > Forums Help, Q&A
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-14, 04:17 PM

Musical Dreamer is on a distinguished road
Annoyed that I don't get the rules

So, one of my posts just "disappeared". It was visible last night and even had a response posted after mine. I wish I knew in what forum is posted, but I forgot. I've seen similar threads locked because of the same subject matter and I find it very disheartening, to say the least. I've never seen a thread disappear before and I'm hoping the OP saw what the replies were and got the help he needed. The OP was considering, among other things, whether marijuana would be useful in alleviating his depression and anxiety. I know that the forum doesn't condone the use of illegal substances and that such posts are moderated, but I don't think anyone was encouraging him to toke up. Just the opposite in fact. The thing that irks me is that it's usually the posts on weed that are locked, while people talk freely about alcoholism and other addictions. I'm so lucky to have escaped the sneaky clutches of pot and I feel compelled to share with people my experiences, but that doesn't seem possible here. Yet we know that, next to alcohol, it's the most used drug in self-medicating ADHD. We all know that "hard" drugs are bad and alcohol can ruin lives, but the reason why I call pot "sneaky" is that it doesn't create obvious bottoms like the other two. Maybe I'm the only one who sees this trend, but I feel like this is one of the reasons why I stepped away from the forum a few months ago. Now that I'm sober I can deal with the fact that I don't agree with a lot of people better, but this seems like a big problem for me.

Can anyone explain what's going on here?
Old 11-18-14, 04:29 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 19,312 Times in 11,185 Posts
midnightstar has disabled reputation
Re: Annoyed that I don't get the rules

I think they're just trying to protect the membership from illegal substances.

Did you read every single post in the thread? If you went offline before it vanished someone might have posted something that ended with the whole thread getting pulled.
Ebony (1st January 2014 - current)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm
Hope you all have a beautiful day
"Forever is a long, long time and time has a way of changing things" Big Mama - The Fox and the Hound (Disney)

Last edited by midnightstar; 11-18-14 at 04:33 PM.. Reason: Adding something now that Tigger cat has let me
Old 11-18-14, 04:43 PM
Forum Guru

Maurice is a splendid one to beholdMaurice is a splendid one to beholdMaurice is a splendid one to beholdMaurice is a splendid one to beholdMaurice is a splendid one to beholdMaurice is a splendid one to beholdMaurice is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musical Dreamer View Post
So, one of my posts just "disappeared". It was visible last night and even had a response posted after mine. I wish I knew in what forum is posted, but I forgot. I've seen similar threads locked because of the same subject matter and I find it very disheartening, to say the least. I've never seen a thread disappear before and I'm hoping the OP saw what the replies were and got the help he needed. The OP was considering, among other things, whether marijuana would be useful in alleviating his depression and anxiety. I know that the forum doesn't condone the use of illegal substances and that such posts are moderated, but I don't think anyone was encouraging him to toke up. Just the opposite in fact. The thing that irks me is that it's usually the posts on weed that are locked, while people talk freely about alcoholism and other addictions. I'm so lucky to have escaped the sneaky clutches of pot and I feel compelled to share with people my experiences, but that doesn't seem possible here. Yet we know that, next to alcohol, it's the most used drug in self-medicating ADHD. We all know that "hard" drugs are bad and alcohol can ruin lives, but the reason why I call pot "sneaky" is that it doesn't create obvious bottoms like the other two. Maybe I'm the only one who sees this trend, but I feel like this is one of the reasons why I stepped away from the forum a few months ago. Now that I'm sober I can deal with the fact that I don't agree with a lot of people better, but this seems like a big problem for me.

Can anyone explain what's going on here?
I'll give it a shot. First off your thread from yesterday can be found by going to your User CP, it is located in the upper left hand corner. There you can just click on threads by you and you'll find it. As far as locked down threads, from what I've seen it usually happens when people either get carried away or or there is a lot of disagreement /fighting, etc.

On the cannabis vs. alcohol subject. Times are changing. In the United States almost, not quite, half of the states at least allow Medical marijuana. And Colorado, Washington, Alaska, Oregon and the District of Columbia have recreational marijuana. I don't think threads about marijuana get locked down, I think they get moved to Substance Abuse sub forum.

I hope that helps you out.
Old 11-18-14, 04:52 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 19,312 Times in 11,185 Posts
midnightstar has disabled reputation

Was it a thread called the pot issue? I found it, hold on I'll get the link for you
Ebony (1st January 2014 - current)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm
Hope you all have a beautiful day
"Forever is a long, long time and time has a way of changing things" Big Mama - The Fox and the Hound (Disney)
Old 11-18-14, 04:54 PM
Secret Squirrel!! Moderator

Thanked 12,928 Times in 5,224 Posts
TygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond repute

I'm truly sorry that your post disappeared without communication. Although the guidelines state that moderators may remove posts and threads at our discretion, we do try to communicate with members when this occurs.

That said, keep in mind that we are all on an ADHD forum . Attentional lapses happen; they are not intentional or malicious.

On this particular issue (therapeutic use of marijuana), we have a strict policy against illegal use of medication, and condoning use of illegal substances. Note the word condoning. Discussing your struggle with an addiction to methamphetamine is okay territory. Discussion of what dose of street methamphetamine is best for treatment of ADHD isn't.

I realize that pot is a particularly grey issue, as it is legal in certain places/countries, and not in others. In situations where this is the case, we default to US Federal Law, where pot continues to be classified as an illegal substance.

"being lost,/ being crazy maybe/ is not so bad/ if you can be/ that way/ undisturbed."
Charles Bukowski
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to TygerSan For This Useful Post:
Abi (11-19-14), Andi (11-18-14), David (02-25-15), Dizfriz (11-18-14), Goofycook (12-10-14), InvitroCanibal (12-08-14), JacobTee (11-26-14), mbrandon (12-02-14), namazu (11-18-14), psychopathetic (02-03-15), sarek (11-19-14), silivrentoliel (11-18-14)
Closed Thread