ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > Forums Help, Q&A
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-15, 02:18 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 28,053 Times in 12,979 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute
What's happened to last night's thread?

I can't for the life of me remember what it's title was but I'm talking about the one where we discussed if all people diagnosed with narcisstic personality disorder are abusive and therefore not deserving of empathy or compassion or being called human and not deserving of being protected from abuse themselves.

I'm guessing it was killed like all threads get killed where anyone dares to disagree with particlar selected forum members but since I don't remember the title of the thread or its op I don't know if the entire thread was removed or only the posts which supported labelling a group of humans as non-human and the posts that disagreed with this. I would like to know the name of the thread, why it has disappeared, if it will appear again in whatever sanitised pseudo humanised form and why we are not allowed to have this discussion. Is it better to shut down discussions that are dehumanising to certain groups of humans or is it better to have these discussions so that we can raise awareness and hopefully tolerance and understanding for ALL humans?

I obviously agree with the latter but I would like to know what the mod's view is so that in the future I can prevent wasting my time posting on threads where I disagree with certain members.

And yes, I am sick of the forum's increasing holier than though attitude, so I'm not going to pretend that the public enquiry ... and the public vent is in the forum's best interest. I'm not sure i care right now. I'm ****** off and I'm disappointed. This forum was my safe haven for a long, long time but I'm losing trust in this place. Once we condone bashing people with the wrong disorder, with disorders that aren't cute and fluffy like adhd, by disallowing discussions which oppose the above view it's not a forum I want to be a part of anymore.
Old 09-09-15, 02:32 AM
I eat shades of red.

Thanked 22,074 Times in 9,332 Posts
Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What's happened to last night's thread?

Discussing moderator decisions on the open forum is discouraged.

If you have any questions about the decisions regarding particular mod actions, they are best directly addressed to a moderator.
Closed Thread