ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > Forums Help, Q&A
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-15, 09:22 PM
Contributor

Delphine is a splendid one to beholdDelphine is a splendid one to beholdDelphine is a splendid one to beholdDelphine is a splendid one to beholdDelphine is a splendid one to beholdDelphine is a splendid one to beholdDelphine is a splendid one to behold
Navigating these boards.. Q's

I'm a recent addition to these boards and would love some basic pointers on navigating the forums.

When I check in, I tend to hit "new posts" to catch latest posts.

When clicking about, I find a lot of good threads.... some of them a lot older, with great input - and I enjoy reading (sometimes getting delightfully lost) in past discussions.

However, sometimes I lose the rhythm of threads I've been part of, or posted on previously and find them again a bit later.

I'm doing okay and figuring it out as I go along, but I suspect there is a more efficient way of keeping up than I've worked out to date.

If anyone has any tips or favourite ways of navigating, please share. I'm mid 50's - not used to sharing on forums (although pretty good with computers generally).

So much great stuff here and I'd love to keep up with it.

Also, forgive me if I don't immediately find your 'reply' to any of my posts. Please 'prompt' me if I've seemed to ignore something!!!!

Am still finding my way around these boards.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Delphine For This Useful Post:
namazu (10-28-15), Unmanagable (10-27-15)
Old 10-27-15, 10:38 PM
Societal Malarkey Sorter

Thanked 17,558 Times in 8,797 Posts
Unmanagable has disabled reputation
Re: Navigating these boards.. Q's

To keep up with where you've posted, go to your profile page, go to the "statistics" tab, then check out your posts in threads, or threads you've started.

http://www.addforums.com/forums/member.php?u=91100

Hope that helps.

"You torment yourself wondering how they could not love your burning heart. And the answer darling, you are not the star you thought you were. You are the f******g universe and not everybody is an astronaut." ~Unknown
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Unmanagable For This Useful Post:
Delphine (10-27-15), namazu (10-28-15)
Old 10-27-15, 10:52 PM
Contributor

Delphine is a splendid one to beholdDelphine is a splendid one to beholdDelphine is a splendid one to beholdDelphine is a splendid one to beholdDelphine is a splendid one to beholdDelphine is a splendid one to beholdDelphine is a splendid one to behold

Aha! That's a good lead and helps catch up with replies. Thanks, Unmanagable!

Have been worried about not responding in a timely manner.

Also, there seem to be new enough posts (outside of my input) that I don't immediately find under 'new posts'. Am figuring things out, but slowly..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Delphine For This Useful Post:
namazu (10-28-15), Unmanagable (10-27-15)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-15, 01:32 AM
Pawfect Moderator

Thanked 2,341 Times in 1,158 Posts
Socaljaxs has much to be proud ofSocaljaxs has much to be proud ofSocaljaxs has much to be proud ofSocaljaxs has much to be proud ofSocaljaxs has much to be proud ofSocaljaxs has much to be proud ofSocaljaxs has much to be proud ofSocaljaxs has much to be proud ofSocaljaxs has much to be proud ofSocaljaxs has much to be proud of

I use quick links and click down and click on the today's post. It goes Timed order of posts for the day.. Also if you want to keep up with threads of interest you have the option to subscribe to them and either get emails of it or it. Will show on profile page.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Socaljaxs For This Useful Post:
Delphine (10-28-15), Fuzzy12 (10-28-15), namazu (10-28-15)
Old 10-28-15, 02:08 AM
Yeti-Wrangling Moderator

Thanked 18,146 Times in 8,922 Posts
namazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond repute

You can also click on "User CP" at the top left of the blue menu bar at the top of the screen.

There, you'll find a list of updates to threads you've "subscribed" to -- which includes threads in which you've posted, by default.

You can also manually subscribe to a thread (to keep track of the discussion without replying) by clicking "Subscribe to this Thread" in the "Thread Tools" menu at the bottom of each page of a thread.

The list of updated posts in your User CP tends to have some mysterious time-limit, so it may come up empty, or show fewer threads than you expect; if you click on "Show All Subscribed Threads", it will bring up all of the threads you're subscribed to in reverse-chronological order of when they were last updated (so, most recently-updated show up at the top).
The Following User Says Thank You to namazu For This Useful Post:
Delphine (10-28-15)
Old 10-28-15, 05:00 AM
Zen moderator

Thanked 25,933 Times in 12,699 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

By the way, just what is the time deadline when going through "new posts"?
I read them in the morning then at some point when I look again during the day there are just the very latest ones.
(I'm sure there's a more efficient way to read posts but this is just the easiest when I'm at work and shouldn't be online so much )

thanks
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
Delphine (10-28-15), namazu (10-28-15)
Old 10-28-15, 05:38 AM
Yeti-Wrangling Moderator

Thanked 18,146 Times in 8,922 Posts
namazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stef View Post
I read them in the morning then at some point when I look again during the day there are just the very latest ones.
(I'm sure there's a more efficient way to read posts but this is just the easiest when I'm at work and shouldn't be online so much )

thanks
This has always been a mystery to me.

I think that knowledge is guarded closely by the forum gnomes who tend to the hamsters running in the enormous wheel that powers the system...
The Following User Says Thank You to namazu For This Useful Post:
Delphine (10-28-15)
Old 10-28-15, 08:01 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 27,428 Times in 12,711 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stef View Post

thanks
I don't think there is a time line. I think, it's all the posts that have been posted since you last logged out.

(I also usually just use the "New posts" button. I've learnt some new stuff on this thread today. )
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
Delphine (10-28-15), namazu (10-28-15)