ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > Forums Help, Q&A
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-16, 03:30 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

TheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to behold
Chat is Dead

So what happened to the chat room?
some give me a back story please
Daydreamin22 (04-02-16)
Old 04-01-16, 04:01 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 21,913 Times in 7,988 Posts
ginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Chat is Dead

It broke, and did not get fixed. That's about it.
The Following User Says Thank You to ginniebean For This Useful Post:
namazu (04-02-16)
Old 04-01-16, 04:18 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

TheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginniebean View Post
It broke, and did not get fixed. That's about it.
Jeeze, thats depressing.
Damnit Ginnie you could atleast made up something more exciting
Do they need help or funding to get it up again?
Old 04-01-16, 04:22 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 20,434 Times in 11,958 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

As far as I remember, chat has never worked, not sure when it stopped working but as of December 2012 it wasn't working and probably never will work.
Ebony (1st January 2014 - current)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm
Hope you all have a beautiful day
"Keep your dreams alive, dreaming is still how the strong survive" Oliver and Company (Disney)
The Following User Says Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
namazu (04-02-16)
Old 04-01-16, 05:15 PM

ginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatKing View Post
Jeeze, thats depressing.
Damnit Ginnie you could atleast made up something more exciting
Do they need help or funding to get it up again?
Ok I will make up a juicy story!
Old 04-01-16, 08:20 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginniebean View Post
Ok I will make up a juicy story!
haha thank you looking forward to it
Old 04-01-16, 09:46 PM

Thanked 3,952 Times in 1,932 Posts
willow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond repute

Hahaha I always wondered about this part of the forum too
Old 04-02-16, 01:57 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by willow129 View Post
Hahaha I always wondered about this part of the forum too
Exactly just wandering around and found this place and was like what going on here its like it was abandoned!
Old 04-02-16, 02:15 PM
Yeti-Wrangling Moderator

Thanked 18,696 Times in 9,258 Posts
namazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatKing View Post
Exactly just wandering around and found this place and was like what going on here its like it was abandoned!
David, the site owner, is the only one who has permissions to do things like fix the front page of the forums or restore chat. Site moderators and administrators can't do a thing about it (and believe me, we've offered!).

Money is not the issue, but time / other endeavors seem to be what's getting in the way of David fixing those things and making upgrades.

As for chat -- I don't know if that will be restored, even if/when other parts of the site are upgraded. Moderating it would be...challenging, to say the least!
The Following User Says Thank You to namazu For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (04-02-16)
Old 04-02-16, 02:19 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by namazu View Post
David, the site owner, is the only one who has permissions to do things like fix the front page of the forums or restore chat. Site moderators and administrators can't do a thing about it (and believe me, we've offered!).

Money is not the issue, but time / other endeavors seem to be what's getting in the way of David fixing those things and making upgrades.

As for chat -- I don't know if that will be restored, even if/when other parts of the site are upgraded. Moderating it would be...challenging, to say the least!
Well that is to bad, i do enjoy a little bit of a chat
Thank you all for your patience
Ginnie you owe me a juicy story
ginniebean (04-02-16), midnightstar (04-02-16), namazu (04-02-16)
Old 04-02-16, 02:57 PM

One day about 7 and a half years ago there were several people in chat. Witchy, lunacie, zach, abi and me. We enjoyed the odd jaw wag.

One day, a russian spy dropped in claiming to have adhd but all he really wanted was the top secret files lunacie, herself a gov't operative at the time, had access to.

This russian was very charming and lunacie was giddy as a school girl every time she saw him. Her spy radar was completely beguiled by Dimitri.

Witchy and Zach were the first to twig on to his agenda, he was always so nice when ever Lunacie was around but when she had to go he would always ask questions about her work as an international spy.

I was new at the time and totally believed her cover of being a simple grandma, a cover she may still be using to this day.

He made a topic asking if anyone talked in their sleep and sure enough lunacie said she does all the time.

Well, the next day he asked her to marry him. Lunacie couldn't chat all day all she could type was lol, hehehe, and <3. It was a bit disgusting to watch

Witchy tried to caution lunacie and zach did too but all to no avail. Lunacie was going to Moscow later that week, she said it was just to see her old pen pal but she was being sent on a secret mission to infiltrate a gulag and free a dissident who had intel for her gov't.

Dimitri was so excited he promised to take her site seeing. Now when this happened even I became suspicious, because at the time, russian citizens weren't allowed to interact with non comrades.

The buzz in the chat room was whether or not lunacie was a double agent! Omg!

Now we couldn't trust her either. We didn't know what to do, private messages were flying back and forth fast and furious.

More people began to go to chat to witness this train wreck of a romance. Lunacie wad still fluttering about like a school girl and unwilling to listen to any words of caution we tried to share. She called us silly and went back to whittering on about how handsome he was.

The next week lunacie went on her trip and we were all very worried. We later found out that lunacie was spilling top secret information every night while she was having her torrid romance.

She told him she was too tired and unwell one night and made her way into the gulag to rescue the dissident and even managed to get him squirreled on to a transcontinental ship heading into international waters where he would be whisked off to safety!

But she wanted to stay behind a few night because she just couldn't part from her affair with Dimitri.

The next night they were canoodling in bed and just as lunacie was falling asleep Sarah Sweets crashed in thru a window, she looked like a ninja except for the massive glock which she used to plug dimitri with.

Lunacie was so mad she punched her but sarah just swore and backhanded lunacie and told her to get ahold of herself.

They searched his apartment and found the tapes he made each night and lunacie was in shock! She wasn't for long, she walked over to his corpse and kicked him hard but he was dead already.

Both lunacie and Sarah were able to get out of the country with the incriminating
evidence.

Naturally there was retaliation. Russian coders went to work and took out the beloved chat room with a bot attack. Thr gov't decided not to fix it for at least 20 years as a diplomatic damage control.

Some say Lunacie still cries over the loss of Dimitri, some say she's still a spy. Sarah, still swears and ninja's around the forum, she says she's retired but who knows really?

It's been quiet on the international spy front since the chat room was bot attacked.

[this message will explode in ten seconds]
midnightstar (04-02-16)
Old 04-02-16, 03:02 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

The Best story i have ever heard!
I Applaud you
**clap clap clap clap**
midnightstar (04-02-16)
Old 04-02-16, 03:04 PM

Glad you liked it!
midnightstar (04-02-16)
Old 04-02-16, 05:04 PM

Thanked 23,957 Times in 11,085 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Well Ginnie,

Pretty much accurate ... except when I B-slapped Sarah she didn't tell me to get hold of myself ... she told me to "F-off."

And you may have been new to the forum but I later found out you were a private investigator sent here to spy on Sarek by his wife who thought he was having an online affair.

(this message will stay here until Sarek conirms or denies it)

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
ginniebean (04-02-16), midnightstar (04-02-16)
Old 04-02-16, 05:51 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 20,434 Times in 11,958 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

I thought chat was gone forever, previous threads about it if I remember right said it was never coming back.

(love the story ginnie )
Ebony (1st January 2014 - current)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm
Hope you all have a beautiful day
"Keep your dreams alive, dreaming is still how the strong survive" Oliver and Company (Disney)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
ginniebean (04-02-16), TheGreatKing (04-02-16)