ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > Forums Help, Q&A
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-16, 10:59 PM
Jr Member

Drightwrong1 is on a distinguished road
How to subscribe to all forum posts at once?

Sorry if I'm repeating a query but I'm really lost here. Can someone please guide me as to how, I can adjust the settings to receive instant notification for every post made on the forum?

Many thanks in advance!
The Following User Says Thank You to Drightwrong1 For This Useful Post:
namazu (04-04-16)
Old 04-04-16, 12:50 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 21,896 Times in 7,981 Posts
ginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How to subscribe to all forum posts at once?

I have no idea if this is even possible. I know you can subscribe to forum posts but I never use that function. It's happened, sometimes accidently, but I don't know how it's done.
The Following User Says Thank You to ginniebean For This Useful Post:
namazu (04-04-16)
Old 04-04-16, 01:15 AM
Yeti-Wrangling Moderator

Thanked 18,130 Times in 8,912 Posts
namazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond repute

I'm also unaware of any way to subscribe to all new posts/threads automatically. (And really, do you want an e-mail every time someone posts in the "free association" game thread?! )

To subscribe to a single thread that interests you, you can scroll to the bottom of the thread, and there should be a box on the bottom left that says "Thread Tools". "Subscribe to this thread" should be a clickable link within that box.

The default setting is (I think) that you are also automatically subscribed to any thread in which you post, but the process above allows you to subscribe to threads even if you don't post in them.

You can adjust your settings in User CP to receive/not receive e-mail notification for posts or messages.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-16, 01:26 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

TheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to behold

Thanks guys for the info!
It helped me out anyways he he
namazu (04-04-16)
Old 04-04-16, 02:18 AM
Jr Member

@namazu: it will be easier and more economical for me to subscribe to the entire forum at once; and then unsubscribe from threads I'm not interested in if there's an option for that. Check out other forums on the net, most do have this option.

This forum needs this option all the more for one can look back on recent posts only running back to 24 hours at one time. Suppose, during work, I'm reading the new posts, but suddenly some work or colleague comes over and I cannot check all the new threads (of which there may be threads I'd have liked to subscribed upon reading); now if I come back to it the next day or later in the week, all the new threads that I left unread, would be gone from access unless one takes the endlessly tedious and wasteful task of checking under each and every subforum and sub-subforums personally for new threads.

To expect a member to check all the new posts of a day (or even longer) in one session is very demanding and impractical.

I apologize in advance if I've not understood how this forum works properly and the above was an inaccurate conjecture.
namazu (04-04-16)
Old 04-04-16, 02:33 AM
I eat shades of red.

Thanked 21,879 Times in 9,239 Posts
Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond repute

Drightwrong1,

Try clicking on the "Quick Links" dropdown at the top of every forum page, and selecting "Today's Posts." That will show you all of the new posts since the last time you were on the forum. It's not a subscription, but I think it may help you interface with the forum in the way you're asking.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fortune For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (04-04-16), namazu (04-04-16)
Old 04-04-16, 02:47 AM
Minecraft Mod-rater

Thanked 1,347 Times in 708 Posts
TurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to all

You can't subscribe to threads, but you can review all you past posts by going to your profile's statistics tab and click to view all your posts. That's what I do when I want to see if anyone replied to my posts.
namazu (04-04-16)
Old 04-04-16, 12:26 PM
Yeti-Wrangling Moderator

Thanked 18,130 Times in 8,912 Posts
namazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drightwrong1 View Post
This forum needs this option all the more for one can look back on recent posts only running back to 24 hours at one time. Suppose, during work, I'm reading the new posts, but suddenly some work or colleague comes over and I cannot check all the new threads (of which there may be threads I'd have liked to subscribed upon reading); now if I come back to it the next day or later in the week, all the new threads that I left unread, would be gone from access unless one takes the endlessly tedious and wasteful task of checking under each and every subforum and sub-subforums personally for new threads.

To expect a member to check all the new posts of a day (or even longer) in one session is very demanding and impractical.

I apologize in advance if I've not understood how this forum works properly and the above was an inaccurate conjecture.
There is an option to change how long new posts stay new.
Go to User CP (link at top left in blue menu bar) >
Settings & Options (left side of page) > Edit Options >
Scroll down to Thread Display Options > Default Thread Age Cutoff >

There you can choose how long threads will remain new. It's not perfect, but it may help quite a bit.
Old 04-04-16, 08:06 PM
Jr Member

@namazu: I already had those settings but it doesn't help on the problem I outlined above. If you do not check a new thread/post in the same session, it'll be lost to you if you log back in again after 24+ hours.
namazu (04-04-16)
Old 04-04-16, 11:47 PM
ADDvanced Member

Funky1 will become famous soon enough

There's a button across the top of the forum page that says "new posts," I think that's about as close as you can get.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Funky1 For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (04-05-16)