ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > New Member Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-16, 05:14 AM

lexikin is on a distinguished road
Second day on Vyvanse

Hi! So I was just diagnosed with ADD and my doctor has started my on 20 mg of vyvanse and to take it in the morning before 7 a.m. Yesterday, my first day wasn't difficult to have to wake up early to take it because I was going to school. But today, Saturday, i had to set an alarm. I thought I heard it go off around 1a.m. and I didn't check the time before I rolled over and took the pill. I went back to sleep and just woke up figuring out I took it at 1 in the morning not at 6:45 like I planned. I guess my question is it okay that I took it so early? Only reason I'm worried is that it's a new diagnosis and I've had only been on this medication for two days and I don't want to mess it up. Thank you!
Old 10-17-16, 09:15 AM

caretothepeople will become famous soon enough
Re: Second day on Vyvanse

Everyone is different in terms of what works for them and it can take some time to get the dosage. Hopefully others will chime in with their personal experiences on Vyvanse. Keep track of when you're taking it and how you feel. This log can be really helpful for spotting problems and working with your doctor to get the treatment right.

Whenever starting a new medication, it's normal to have lots of questions. You're thinking about the right things. So definitely right your questions down! Then give your doctor a call to discuss. That's the best way to move forward - having a conversation with them and asking lots of questions.

For example some other things to consider asking might be:
  • How long before you expect to see results?
  • What are the primary short-term side effects of this medication?
  • Does this medication have any long-term side effects that I should be aware of, such as diabetes, sexual side effects, or weight gain?
  • Are there ways to minimize these side effects?
  • How and when do I take it, and when do I stop taking it?
  • What foods, drinks, or other medications should I avoid while taking the prescribed medication?
  • Should it be taken with food or on an empty stomach?
  • Is it safe to drink alcohol while on this medication?
  • How do you monitor this medication? Are there specific tests you run to help monitor this medication?
  • What are you prescribing this particular medication over a similar medication?
  • How will we know when it’s time to stop taking this medication, or if the dose will need to be changed?
  • Is it safe for me to continue taking aspirin, Advil, vitamin and/or herbal supplements when taking this medication? Is there something specific I should avoid?
  • Is a generic version of this medication available?
  • What should I do if I miss a dose of this medication? Take it immediately when I remember, or wait until my next regularly scheduled dose?

You might also try posting in the medication and treatments forums on here or taking a look at those to get more info on others' experiences.

Good luck!!
Old 10-17-16, 11:06 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 29,559 Times in 13,428 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Second day on Vyvanse

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexikin View Post
Hi! So I was just diagnosed with ADD and my doctor has started my on 20 mg of vyvanse and to take it in the morning before 7 a.m. Yesterday, my first day wasn't difficult to have to wake up early to take it because I was going to school. But today, Saturday, i had to set an alarm. I thought I heard it go off around 1a.m. and I didn't check the time before I rolled over and took the pill. I went back to sleep and just woke up figuring out I took it at 1 in the morning not at 6:45 like I planned. I guess my question is it okay that I took it so early? Only reason I'm worried is that it's a new diagnosis and I've had only been on this medication for two days and I don't want to mess it up. Thank you!
Well you know for one thing that the dose you are on may not interfere with your sleep. Mistakes happen so its ok. Its important to take your medication everyday at the same time for consistency.

I carried a watermelon?

I've always been one of a kind. It just hasnt always been positive.
Sponsored Links