ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > New Member Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-16, 03:17 PM

Dianna2601 is on a distinguished road
Hello from the UK

Well where can I possibly even begin ???

Firstly I shall apologise now if I start rambling on I will try not to lol

Ok so little man is four and a half now and we started our journey roughly at around the age of two. I noticed he was slow in development when he wasn't reaching milestones when he should have been such as sitting up crawling and walking etc of course in time he did reach these but it was his two year development review where health visitor noticed his poor gross motor skills and so referred him to the padediatrician who has been under ever since. It was a very slow process roughly around a year before we had a diagnosis of global development delay & moderate speech delay

He basically has the understanding of a three year old and continues to remain significantly behind his peers at school which is to be expected so this is where it starts to go down hill

Since starting school his behaviour has shall we say spiralled out of control out of nowhere and completely unprovoked he will randomly pinch bite and spit at his peers and also his siblings he is very disruptive in class and will randomly shout out when he shouldn't be he is constantly on the go all the time and doesn't appear to have a wind down button.

Which brings me here yesterday we had his review with the hospital appointment and the subject of adhd popped up and I'm so glad it did because it's been something that has played on my mind with him over the last few months his doctor said he is very over active for his age but because of his age she things he is a bit young just yet to go through the assessments to be carried out so we now have to play a waiting game for the next six months when he will turn five and will finally be old enough to have these done

It's just so frustrating for me as his mum as I know something clearly isn't right and I've felt this for sometime on the bus he refused to sit next to me and sat behind me chatting away to strangers he has little or no sense of stranger danger i stumbled across this web site by chance and I just had to register although we don't have an official diagnosis just yet it could help me help him whilst we are waiting and hopefully I will be able to understand how to help him more by sharing our journey I hope that is ok only I'm at my wits end and I'm physically and emotionally exhausted as I'm doing it alone since I split with ex partner seven months ago

At times I feel like I'm hitting my head against a brick wall but consultant hasn't ruled out adhd nor has she confirmed it yet either I'm now expecting some questionnaire s to fill in and answer and I guess it goes from there

I think what the most frustrating things are at the moment is being judged by other parents when I take him to the park parents that just don't understand what life is like for us on a 24/7 basis

Thank you if you made it to the end of this

Dianna xx
Old 11-02-16, 03:22 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 19,314 Times in 11,186 Posts
midnightstar has disabled reputation
Re: Hello from the UK

Welcome to the forum Someone will be along into this thread shortly to help you with your son
Ebony (1st January 2014 - current)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm
Hope you all have a beautiful day
"Forever is a long, long time and time has a way of changing things" Big Mama - The Fox and the Hound (Disney)