ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > New Member Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-16, 06:15 PM

33Forward will become famous soon enough
Jason (aka 33Forward) Upstate NY!

Hello, fellow ADD, ADHDers!

I'm Jason, recently diagnosed at age 38. I don't have the physical hyperactivity that some people think of when ADHD comes to mind. However, my brain never shuts off. If you can imagine a roadmap, my brain is already trying to plan which direction to turn, 4 turns away, down a road I'm not even planning on taking.
I've always known something wasn't right, but as a kid I was being medicated for depression, getting pulled out of regular classes because even teachers would treat me like an outcast.
My trip down the ADHD diagnosis road started with my inability to stop fidgeting. I always have, and without something to fidget with, I eventually pick at my thumbs, but I've never understood why. So, I did my own research, and went to my therapist with a list, and they finally listened to me and looked further into ADHD being the underlying cause of so many problems, including a recent failed marriage, severe issues at work, and other things.
I try not to dwell on the past, thinking if only I had known sooner...then... maybe things would be different, or better. I'm at a real low point in my life now, being separated from my wife (who was both verbally and physically abusive), pending divorce, fearing loosing my job, having no social life, and being generally unhealthy. This time of year throws me the usual seasonal depression as well, to top it off. Its been a tough few months, and I think the only thing keeping me sane right now, is knowing there are others out there, living with ADHD, and anxiety, and I'm not going through it all alone...even if everyone else is on the other side of a computer screen.
The Following User Says Thank You to 33Forward For This Useful Post:
Socaljaxs (11-02-16)
Old 11-01-16, 06:29 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 19,242 Times in 11,138 Posts
midnightstar has disabled reputation
Re: Jason (aka 33Forward) Upstate NY!

Welcome
Ebony (1st January 2014 - current)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm
Hope you all have a beautiful day
"Forever is a long, long time and time has a way of changing things" Big Mama - The Fox and the Hound (Disney)
The Following User Says Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
33Forward (11-01-16)
Old 11-01-16, 09:32 PM
Societal Malarkey Sorter

Thanked 17,525 Times in 8,788 Posts
Unmanagable has disabled reputation

Welcome to the neighborhood.

"You torment yourself wondering how they could not love your burning heart. And the answer darling, you are not the star you thought you were. You are the f******g universe and not everybody is an astronaut." ~Unknown
Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-16, 10:49 AM
Contributor

Location: ny upstate where there are cows and trees and stuff.
DJ Bill is a name known to allDJ Bill is a name known to allDJ Bill is a name known to allDJ Bill is a name known to allDJ Bill is a name known to allDJ Bill is a name known to all

Welcome from another upstater...If you are near Latham, I know of a monthly ADhD support group there that meets monthly.

I know the feelings you are describing all too well. Doing the next right thing and prioritizing, as well as keeping my life as simple as I can all help with that for me anyway. (Not that I have life anywhere near "handled"...)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DJ Bill For This Useful Post:
33Forward (11-02-16), Socaljaxs (11-02-16)
Old 11-02-16, 10:55 AM
Pawfect Moderator

Thanked 2,341 Times in 1,158 Posts
Socaljaxs has much to be proud ofSocaljaxs has much to be proud ofSocaljaxs has much to be proud ofSocaljaxs has much to be proud ofSocaljaxs has much to be proud ofSocaljaxs has much to be proud ofSocaljaxs has much to be proud ofSocaljaxs has much to be proud ofSocaljaxs has much to be proud ofSocaljaxs has much to be proud of

Welcome to addforums

Many people here have been in similar situations to you, and you are not alone in your struggles. hopefully you find awesome resources and friends here as well. I can say for methis forum have been awesome, and really helped me earlier this year, after I experienced a life altering situation that happened to me.
Old 11-02-16, 11:14 AM

33Forward will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Bill View Post
Welcome from another upstater...If you are near Latham, I know of a monthly ADhD support group there that meets monthly.

I know the feelings you are describing all too well. Doing the next right thing and prioritizing, as well as keeping my life as simple as I can all help with that for me anyway. (Not that I have life anywhere near "handled"...)
I'm not quite "near" Latham, but I have been there several times. My (ex)wife had been going to OrthoNY for treatments every couple months, so I am familiar with certain parts of the area. I believe it was one of the support groups that came up when I initially started searching. Its about an hour and a half ride up I-88, but doable I think, depending on day and time.

I would definitely be interested in checking it out. I really haven't found much for support in this area, hence most of my support is through the computer screen. Which, is helpful, to a point. Can you give me some more info on this? Would appreciate it!
(not Einstein, as some believe)
"Right now...time is having its way with you." -Van Halen

"It is the same with people as it is with riding a bike. Only when moving can one comfortably maintain one's balance." -Albert Einstein
Old 11-02-16, 11:42 AM
Mrs dvdnvwls

Thanked 18,896 Times in 9,303 Posts
BellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond repute

You're at the right place.

Welcome to the forums.
Old 11-02-16, 08:40 PM
Contributor

Location: ny upstate where there are cows and trees and stuff.
DJ Bill is a name known to allDJ Bill is a name known to allDJ Bill is a name known to allDJ Bill is a name known to allDJ Bill is a name known to allDJ Bill is a name known to all

I'll send you a private message..Next mtg is Monday at 6:30 IIRC. Normally it is first Tuesday of the month, but election day got us sidetracked.