ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > Forums Help, Q&A
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-17, 05:48 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 5,413 Times in 2,322 Posts
Hermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond repute
Unsubscribe

Is there a way in which I can end my forum membership?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hermus For This Useful Post:
Letching Gray (03-01-17), namazu (02-23-17)
Old 02-23-17, 05:49 PM
Mr. BllVt

Thanked 17,952 Times in 9,009 Posts
dvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Unsubscribe

No. You would just stop coming here.
Postmodernism, the school of 'thought' that proclaimed 'There are no truths, only interpretations' has largely played itself out in absurdity, but it has left behind a generation of academics in the humanities disabled by their distrust of the very idea of truth and their disrespect for evidence, settling for 'conversations' in which nobody is wrong and nothing can be confirmed, only asserted with whatever style you can muster.
Old 02-23-17, 05:52 PM
Yeti-Wrangling Moderator

Thanked 18,119 Times in 8,902 Posts
namazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond repute

If you need a break -- and don't trust yourself to simply stay away, as many of us cannot -- you can have your account suspended (temporarily or permanently) by contacting Admin directly.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to namazu For This Useful Post:
anonymouslyadd (02-23-17), dvdnvwls (02-23-17), Greyhound1 (02-23-17), Hermus (02-23-17), midnightstar (03-01-17), peripatetic (02-25-17)
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-17, 08:36 PM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 28,902 Times in 13,075 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermus View Post
Look its up to you, but I dont see why a simple disagreement would be cause to leave a place that has only supported you. I think you might regret it.

I carried a watermelon?

I've always been one of a kind. It just hasnt always been positive.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
Hermus (02-28-17), Letching Gray (03-01-17), Lunacie (02-23-17)
Old 02-23-17, 10:15 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 12,104 Times in 5,377 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

What seems a simple disagreement to one may be anything but to another, especially if the other has identified with that which has been disagreed with. To them, that "simple disagreement" can become an invalidation, a disrespect, and a challenge to the safety and security of their person.
---
Hermus, I don't wish to see you go for at least 2 reasons. First is the simple and self-serving reason that I enjoy reading what you write.

The other is that part of the process of recovery (from any addiction) is learning to be present with, and tolerate, distress...and I specifically mean feelings, of whatever kind.

For many, and perhaps most addicts, the choice to use was made so as to be relieved of distressing feelings.

Withdraw as you need in order to find equilibrium and self-soothe, but do not leave. Rejoin and see that your distress will not harm you, despite the depth of feeling involved.

And maybe that's presumptuous of me to think I might know what would be in your interest. I say it only because I was thinking about what it was like when I first got sober, and thought you could relate.

Hoping You Stay,
Ian
Andi (03-01-17), finallyfound10 (02-24-17), Greyhound1 (02-24-17), Hermus (02-28-17), Letching Gray (03-01-17), Little Missy (02-23-17), namazu (02-23-17), peripatetic (02-25-17), stef (02-24-17), willow129 (02-23-17)
Old 03-01-17, 12:35 AM
Banned

Letching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud of

Quote:

To my friends, when they discuss something like moving away, quitting the job where we both worked, or in some other way expressed a desire to move out of the sphere where I would be in touch with them regularly, I'd stand up very straight, stick my chest out and in to their faces, make a muscle, point to it, and threaten them with bodily harm if they dared to even think about such utter bull.

The moment I'm done composing this little gem, I'll be standing straight up.....
Old 03-01-17, 12:38 AM
Banned

Letching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by namazu View Post
If you need a break -- and don't trust yourself to simply stay away, as many of us cannot -- you can have your account suspended (temporarily or permanently) by contacting Admin directly.
Don't tell him that, Namazu! Threaten to displace his clavicle or pound his head in!

(just kiddin)

Don't you move Hermus
Old 03-01-17, 01:08 AM
Jumping.. In slow motion

David is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Of course there is.. But, why? Sounds like (no doubt) I missed something alluded to after you posted..

I haven't had the pleasure of knowing you, but I have a feeling you've touched plenty of people here. Hopefully, you'll re-think it, and this 'derelict of duty' staffer (Yeah, ME) will have the pleasure of getting to know you better in the future.. Not saying that is worth staying for!

If not, that sucks, but your account can be closed, if that is what you need.
The Following User Says Thank You to David For This Useful Post:
Letching Gray (03-01-17)
Old 03-01-17, 02:32 AM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 19,254 Times in 11,145 Posts
midnightstar has disabled reputation

I admire you Hermus and really hope you stay.
Ebony (1st January 2014 - current)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm
Hope you all have a beautiful day
"Forever is a long, long time and time has a way of changing things" Big Mama - The Fox and the Hound (Disney)
The Following User Says Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
Letching Gray (03-01-17)