ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > New Member Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-17, 05:52 PM

RextheDog is on a distinguished road
Did I do this already? LOL Hi everyone!

Well, I come by it honestly I guess.... I can't remember if I already did an introduction or not. Welcome to your world, right?

My name is not Rex, but you can call me that anyway.

I was diagnosed two weeks ago. I'm 47. After many hours of research online and talking with the professional three times and taking the Nova test - yep - ADHD. Ok then. Actually.... "whew." That explains alot. ALOT. YEARS OF ALOT.

Apparently, from reading threads here, if there are "degrees" of this malady, I don't have a very bad case. I'm thankful for that and very empathetic to those who suffer more serious problems from it.

I'll admit I once doubted that it was real - but now, whatever you want to call it - whether it's ADHD or ADD or whatever - it's clear to me that it IS real and that not everyone in the world thinks and processes stuff like I do - like WE do. It's hard to deny you have something with you see all the "symptoms" and go "Yep. That's me" to 99% of them.

The addition of meds and the difference they have made in the last week of my life just served to confirm that yes, indeed - ADHD is a real thing. No doubt.

So anyway, I'm on two journeys right now. One is ADHD. The other is weight loss. A diabetes scare ( A1C that came back sky high, but is wrong!) got my head straight on my weight. Both are a struggle, but I have faith that I can beat both of these things and live a happier, more meaningful, less stressful and worrisome life. We're all just here for a little while. Gotta make the most of it, right?

I look forward to learning so much here from you guys and I hope I can help others in the future as we all do our best to run this race we've been given.

I promise you that off my meds, say a month ago, my outlook and this post wouldn't have been so warm and friendly. I'm pretty in love with the way this stuff is helping me to be a nicer person.

Anyway, nice to "meet" you all and I hope everyone has a bearable ( or even great! ) week.

Rex
Little Missy (05-14-17), namazu (05-14-17)