ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > New Member Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-17, 11:28 AM

sapf082 is on a distinguished road
Someone suggested I may have ADD...

...It was a totally random comment after I posted the below on a boxing forum

I feel like I'm living my life with my head in a fishbowl, I cannot concentrate on anything, and I certainly can't remember things. I'm ALWAYS tired, even after waking up, I can go to sleep thinking of something silly, wake in the night thinking of it, and then wake up at the crack of dawn with it on my mind again.

I also fantasise about smashing people to bits for absolutely no reason, especially when they are talking to me. I have a constant headache & confused feeling. I cannot study, and I am currently at a crossroads in life where I want to study.

I will forget what I'm talking about mid sentence. I finish people sentences, in fact, I just cannot wait for them to finish as I feel the hand grenade in my head will explode if I don't but in.

People who have crossed me, If I could press a button and they dropped down dead, I would.

I do tests very last min, I get bogged down with them I leave them that long. If its not 'essential to life' I don't finish it.

I impulse buy. I bought a 900 air bike last August, I was obsessed. I was on forums for weeks planning which one to buy. I sold it in December.

I zone in on tasks. Mt mrs friends daughters PC broke last week. I didn't want to get into it. And then spent 3 feckin hours as I couldn't not finish the job.

In can think 10 things at once, and then forget them all. I struggle to sleep. Ive recently found having the tv on slightly helps.

Since I was about 5, I've only had one daytime nap. I woke up and thought I was late for work as it was 5:50, expect it was pm and not am.

I cannot relax EVER. I have to seek information on line if there is nothing to do.

Many more...

I know this is backwards but you can appreciate I needed to get it out, but Hi, I am from England, and Im a 34 yr old male who is trying to find out why I feel like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to sapf082 For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (06-15-17)
Old 06-15-17, 11:43 AM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 20,512 Times in 12,017 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Someone suggested I may have ADD...

Welcome Are you seeing any professionals?
Ebony (1st January 2014 - current)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm
Hope you all have a beautiful day
"Can't make it all alone, I built my dreams around you" Fairytale of New York - The Pogues
Old 06-15-17, 04:08 PM

sapf082 is on a distinguished road

No. Should I just go straight in and say I think I may have ADD?

I am currently under the doc for work related stress. He blames all the headache & confusion on stress, even though it been going on much longer.

Thank you for the reply
Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-17, 04:22 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 20,512 Times in 12,017 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapf082 View Post
No. Should I just go straight in and say I think I may have ADD?

I am currently under the doc for work related stress. He blames all the headache & confusion on stress, even though it been going on much longer.

Thank you for the reply
It's best to let the doctor diagnose you, rather than going in saying "I'm certain I have (diagnosis here)", describe the symptoms you're experiencing and let the doctor decide whether you have ADD or something else

After talking to the doctor for a bit, you can maybe ask about ADD but don't say about it straight away or the doctor may not listen and may decide you're just wanting a particular diagnosis and then may not listen to you
Ebony (1st January 2014 - current)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm
Hope you all have a beautiful day
"Can't make it all alone, I built my dreams around you" Fairytale of New York - The Pogues
The Following User Says Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (06-15-17)
Old 06-15-17, 06:29 PM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 29,561 Times in 13,429 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapf082 View Post
I also fantasise about smashing people to bits for absolutely no reason, especially when they are talking to me. I have a constant headache & confused feeling. I cannot study, and I am currently at a crossroads in life where I want to study.

I will forget what I'm talking about mid sentence. I finish people sentences, in fact, I just cannot wait for them to finish as I feel the hand grenade in my head will explode if I don't but in.

People who have crossed me, If I could press a button and they dropped down dead, I would.
These kinds of resentments can be very unhealthy.

You need to see a professional for diagnosis and possible treatment.

I carried a watermelon?

I've always been one of a kind. It just hasnt always been positive.
Old 06-16-17, 10:21 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

Location: ny upstate where there are cows and trees and stuff.
DJ Bill is a name known to allDJ Bill is a name known to allDJ Bill is a name known to allDJ Bill is a name known to allDJ Bill is a name known to allDJ Bill is a name known to all

Be open to possibly non ADD diagnosis too.. What you are describing could be caused by the stress you are under, depression, or anxiety- and many other disorders...Even low blood sugar can make you into a different person. If I were in your situation, my friends would be recommending that I go see a professional mental health person.