ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > New Member Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 07-04-17, 08:02 AM

supersloth is on a distinguished road
Another Newbie

So, I was recently diagnosed with inattentive type. Since then I've been kind of in a denial state and not really feeling like the whole thing is real despite suspecting I had this for a long time.

I'm 27 and have had many of the issues that are known to affect us shape my life. I have dropped out of study several times, jumped from job to job since my teen years. I'm back studying again and hoping this time I can do something worthwhile with it this time.

I'm also very nervous of trying medication despite being prescribed (Concerta XL) and urged that I should give it a try. I have only tried it twice and was extremely anxious the first time. Second time wasn't so bad. But since then I haven't found the courage to try it again, even though I know it's irrational to be so scared of it. I'm not usually a terribly anxious person either.

Anyway, before this becomes a rambling life story post - Hello! Glad to have a community that seems to be helpful and supportive on this. Look forward to getting to know some of you.
Old 07-04-17, 09:43 AM
Societal Malarkey Sorter

Thanked 17,717 Times in 8,868 Posts
Unmanagable has disabled reputation
Re: Another Newbie

Greetings, and welcome to the neighborhood!

"You torment yourself wondering how they could not love your burning heart. And the answer darling, you are not the star you thought you were. You are the f******g universe and not everybody is an astronaut." ~Unknown
Old 07-04-17, 11:54 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 29,501 Times in 13,401 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersloth View Post
So, I was recently diagnosed with inattentive type. Since then I've been kind of in a denial state and not really feeling like the whole thing is real despite suspecting I had this for a long time.

I'm 27 and have had many of the issues that are known to affect us shape my life. I have dropped out of study several times, jumped from job to job since my teen years. I'm back studying again and hoping this time I can do something worthwhile with it this time.

I'm also very nervous of trying medication despite being prescribed (Concerta XL) and urged that I should give it a try. I have only tried it twice and was extremely anxious the first time. Second time wasn't so bad. But since then I haven't found the courage to try it again, even though I know it's irrational to be so scared of it. I'm not usually a terribly anxious person either.

Anyway, before this becomes a rambling life story post - Hello! Glad to have a community that seems to be helpful and supportive on this. Look forward to getting to know some of you.
Welcome to the dark side....

Have you ever considered an amphetamine like dexedrine or vyvanse?

I carried a watermelon?

I've always been one of a kind. It just hasnt always been positive.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-17, 07:48 AM
mod-estly regulated

Thanked 5,446 Times in 2,991 Posts
someothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond repute

welcome

hope things pan out.... some slow quality living...... chop anything that is non essential out.... learn to forgive yourself..... and keep at it! ( by finding a way that minimises all pressures )

one of my biggest challenges........ overcoming the pressure i put on myself!
~ SB_UK ~