ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > New Member Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-17, 07:38 PM
Jr Member

ADD.cat has a spectacular aura aboutADD.cat has a spectacular aura about
Smile hello everyone!

Howdy!

i'm Quest and i have adhd ( shocker lol )

I'm 27, nonbinary/genderqueer (my pronouns are they/them), semi-formally diagnosed and no longer on medication (gave me too much anxiety and i lost my health insurance anyway \_(ツ)_/ )

I've been feeling overwhelmed and depressed by how my life is affected by adhd and i finally reached a point where i'm doing something about it (again? but more so reaching out to people who know what i'm going through rather than superficially working on changing habits)

Lately i've been struggling with how frustrated i get when i'm trying to read. growing up i didn't have a good relationship with learning thanks to how my adhd manifested and was dealt with (read: avoided, ignored and misunderstood). now that i'm actually trying to teach myself important skills, i see just how deep the roots of difficulty go.

i went searching for a community that understood the struggles of adhd and would help me to see that i can overcome many of the obstacles i'm facing with some practice and a bit of friendly encouragement which has led me here! i'm excited to meet some new friends and finally take control of my life again!

(sorry if i rambled a bit, kinda didn't know where i was going at first )