ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > Forums Help, Q&A
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-17, 06:26 PM

OM Rider is on a distinguished road
Insecure login?

Hi, I just logged in for the first time and Firefox is giving me a warning about an insecure login page. I tried putting https in front of the url but it doesn't seem to be working. The error message says that the site's certificate is invalid/ only valid for a site www (dot) ec2.kb228 (dot) com. No idea what site that is. Is this a known issue and should I be worried?

Last edited by namazu; 07-17-17 at 07:50 PM.. Reason: Removed hyperlink to unknown website.
The Following User Says Thank You to OM Rider For This Useful Post:
namazu (07-17-17)
Old 07-17-17, 07:54 PM
Yeti-Wrangling Moderator

Thanked 18,111 Times in 8,898 Posts
namazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Insecure login?

Hi OM Rider,

Firefox gives me "insecure login" notifications for most non-bank websites, too.

As I understand it, you're not in any direct danger of having your computer compromised. However, in theory, if someone wanted to steal your ADDF login information, it would be easier to do on this site than on sites with more secure login protocols.

David, the owner of ADDF, has been talking about upgrading the site for years, to include improvements in security and mobile-friendliness. He is the only one with permissions to do that, and he has not yet done so, despite many offers of assistance, and the only thing the rest of us can do is wait. And wait...

Meanwhile, be sure that the password you use for ADDF is not one that you use for other sites.
The Following User Says Thank You to namazu For This Useful Post:
OM Rider (07-18-17)
Old 07-23-17, 12:08 AM
Jr Member

TrapezoidPills is on a distinguished road

The irony that a site lacks SSL in 2017 is just too much for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to TrapezoidPills For This Useful Post:
namazu (07-23-17)
Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-17, 01:27 AM
Yeti-Wrangling Moderator

Thanked 18,111 Times in 8,898 Posts
namazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond repute

Indeed!

You're welcome to leave a message for David to let him know how you feel.