ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > New Member Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-17, 04:09 PM

Qwerks is on a distinguished road
Hello friends!

(TDLR) I'm 26 years old, and highly suspect I have ADHD. I've been working with my doctor since March in order to figure out how to get my life in balance.

As a kid, school was easy. I was constantly daydreaming. My desk and locker were never clean, and I was always on the verge of losing homework, or wrecking it by spilling food or drinks. I wasn't outwardly hyper as a kid, except with friends. I was always the crazy one. I was never popular, and was quite shy. I didn't have much of a social life.

I've struggled with mental health issues since I was a teenager. High school was hell. Needless to say, I didn't go to classes because I found myself anxious, and insanely bored. I didn't graduate on time, or to my full potential despite being pretty smart (typical for me). I feel extremely incompetent as a result.

I have been diagnosed with depression, and social anxiety. Neither of which are an issues really. However, over the years I've noticed that my depression surfaces when I struggle to pay attention, keep myself organized, manage my time, or overcommit without putting my own needs first. I also beat myself incessantly for feeling a failure and not succeeding like I know I can. I don't know how to set boundaries, and get overwhelmed easily when I've got too much going on. It's as if I forget to take care of myself. Of course, I don't sleep at all. Even if I'm tired, I'm always full of energy, and my mind will not shut off.

My life is in constant disarray. I've lost my wallet multiple times...I always misplace important things like work keys, glasses, I.D...etc. Just about everything I own that's electronic breaks because of carelessness. To top it all off, my room can never stay clean...as soon as I tidy, it's a disaster again. I'm going back to school in the fall, and am worried I'm not going to handle it.

Thanks to those of you read all of that! Good day!
Old 07-22-17, 05:27 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 19,314 Times in 11,186 Posts
midnightstar has disabled reputation
Re: Hello friends!

Welcome good luck swith school next autumn
Ebony (1st January 2014 - current)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm
Hope you all have a beautiful day
"Forever is a long, long time and time has a way of changing things" Big Mama - The Fox and the Hound (Disney)
Old 07-22-17, 05:36 PM

Qwerks is on a distinguished road

Thank you for the well wishes!
Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-17, 08:11 PM
mod-estly regulated

Thanked 5,440 Times in 2,989 Posts
someothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond repute

well come.
~ SB_UK ~
Old 07-23-17, 05:42 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 28,922 Times in 13,087 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Have you been evaluated for anything other than adhd? Many times we have comorbid disorders that go along with adhd. I think sometimes people are scared to be honest with their doc about depression or mention it to any person in our lives because we think that it will supercede getting proper treatment for the adhd . Or we think that if we are honest about the depression we will somehow not get proper treatment for the adhd because the professionals will be too focused on the depression to want to treat the adhd. At least that has been something that I have heard of happening. Its important to get treatment for everything, not just adhd or just depression. I dont necessarily think this applies to you it was just something I thought of.

I carried a watermelon?

I've always been one of a kind. It just hasnt always been positive.