ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > New Member Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-17, 06:45 PM

OM Rider is on a distinguished road
Diagnosed but questioning

Hi, I'm new! Well, kind of. I'm a woman in my late 30's who was diagnosed with ADD (inattentive) a couple of years ago, but I'm not sure I think it's correct. Some symptoms feel familiar, but I feel they might also have other causes. So I'm trying to educate myself a bit to figure out whether the shoe fits or not, but it's hard to find any good info on inattentive ADD specifically (particularly since they collected all the types under one name). Googling brought me here, and I thought I might as well register so I can participate too.
Old 07-17-17, 08:10 PM
Societal Malarkey Sorter

Thanked 17,525 Times in 8,788 Posts
Unmanagable has disabled reputation
Re: Diagnosed but questioning

Welcome to the neighborhood! Best wishes in sorting through the multiple symptoms and narrowing things down.

"You torment yourself wondering how they could not love your burning heart. And the answer darling, you are not the star you thought you were. You are the f******g universe and not everybody is an astronaut." ~Unknown
Old 07-27-17, 09:03 AM

AddicusFinch is on a distinguished road
Re: Diagnosed but questioning

I am new here too and recently diagnosed also ADD-Inattentive. I have had these symptoms all my life. I have hyperactive ADHD in my family so I thought I was spared, just weird. Never heard of inattentive ADHD.
But if you have doubts, i.e. you don't manifest all the symptoms or have only developed recently, a thought is a thyroid disorder. My wife has some similar symptoms but only since her thyroid issues arose.
There are lots of health issues that will make one "scatterbrained." Good luck!
Sponsored Links