ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > New Member Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-17, 10:45 AM

Arthos is a jewel in the roughArthos is a jewel in the roughArthos is a jewel in the rough
Fluctuations

not in ADD symptoms as those are pretty unrelenting, but in my capacity to cope with those. Find that acceptance is a big part of it. Regardless, I struggle quite a lot with day-to-day things.

Planning on talking to my psych about ADD this week. (This is me committing to it.) When she brought it up months ago I dismissed it by citing my health problems and "who wouldn't appear to have ADD with those issues".

I am from the UK btw.
Old 10-02-17, 10:20 PM
ADDvanced Member

KitCat is a name known to allKitCat is a name known to allKitCat is a name known to allKitCat is a name known to allKitCat is a name known to allKitCat is a name known to all
Re: Fluctuations

Welcome and it's nice to meet you! Sure hope the talk with your doctor goes well and you are able to find some ways to cope with your daily struggles. I can certainly empathize.
The Following User Says Thank You to KitCat For This Useful Post:
Arthos (10-03-17)
Old 10-06-17, 09:26 AM

Arthos is a jewel in the roughArthos is a jewel in the roughArthos is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for your reply, KitCat!

I was going to talk to my psych during our (Skype) appointment on Monday that he cancelled the day before. Then on Wednesday, for which he didn't show up. Now it's supposedly happening today after I sent him a polite but unambiguous email expressing that he would obviously offer me a replacement appointment on short notice.

Don't think I will be discussing ADHD after all. Unfortunately I need this guy for a referral (or suffer months delay, long story), but I am inclined to dump him afterwards. He's definitely a competent psychologist, but keeps messing up like this. It's really, really crossing many lines.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-17, 11:24 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

Thanked 1,042 Times in 462 Posts
WhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud of

Welcome! That sounds really frustrating. I can't believe a Dr. would just not show up, especially after already cancelling once. I hope you find someone who will actually listen to you and meet your needs.
Old 10-11-17, 10:05 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 12,893 Times in 5,726 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the Forum.

Cheers,
Ian
Old 10-11-17, 10:50 AM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 20,494 Times in 12,002 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome
Ebony (1st January 2014 - current)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm
Hope you all have a beautiful day
"Keep your dreams alive, dreaming is still how the strong survive" Oliver and Company (Disney)