ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-17, 11:27 AM

dgadhd is on a distinguished road
I can't organize anybody else's house...but not my own.

Does anyone else identify with this? I have actually organized other people's houses and I LOVED it. I found it energizing and fun, but my own house is a mess.

Is there anyone else out there who can organize ANYTHING but their own stuff?
The Following User Says Thank You to dgadhd For This Useful Post:
kwalk (10-16-17)
Old 10-08-17, 06:29 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 29,477 Times in 13,382 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I can't organize anybody else's house...but not my own.

Same here. My sh*t has so much emotional baggage attached to it I dont know which end is up. I know of a professional organizer that is awesome yet her own home wouldnt have you beleive thats her job.

I carried a watermelon?

I've always been one of a kind. It just hasnt always been positive.
Old 10-16-17, 01:32 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

kwalk is a name known to allkwalk is a name known to allkwalk is a name known to allkwalk is a name known to allkwalk is a name known to allkwalk is a name known to all

Depends how messy. If it's really messy, I just want to clean it up! If my friend can't, I kind of want to help them.
“Sometimes you've got to let everything go - purge yourself. If you are unhappy with anything . . . whatever is bringing you down, get rid of it. Because you'll find that when you're free, your true creativity, your true self comes out.”
Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-17, 03:32 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 3,445 Times in 1,763 Posts
acdc01 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgadhd View Post
Does anyone else identify with this? I have actually organized other people's houses and I LOVED it. I found it energizing and fun, but my own house is a mess.

Is there anyone else out there who can organize ANYTHING but their own stuff?
If you've helped other people organize their house, why don't you get them to help you organize yours?

Yes. I have troubles doing things for myself even when I have no problems doing them for other people (though organizing isn't one of the issues for me anymore).

It is an emotional block for me. Wanting to help someone else seems to motivate me just enough to get me to do it. I just dread doing my own stuff.