ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > Sleeping
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-17, 10:45 PM

KitCat will become famous soon enough
Re: Sleeping/Insomnia Forum

Do not recall having too many problems sleeping when I was younger. Pretty sure my bouts of insomnia began in my 20s. Thinking all the angst that comes with adulthood is what set off my long nights of tossing and turning. No way to rest rest with all those random worrisome thoughts rapidly bouncing around in my head.

The only times where I recall having a restful, uninterrupted night of sleep is when I was either doped up in the hospital after one of my surgeries or when I was on prescribed pain pills.

My brain will not shut off. When I eventually become exhausted I will doze off, however soon after I will wake up, sometimes abruptly. Like my body will jerk me awake. Very unpleasant feeling.

I've tried different suggestions over the years, so far nothing has helped. Not for long anyway. So, I just cope.
Old 10-08-17, 02:16 PM

nuvisys can only hope to improve
Re: This Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naomi88 View Post
I find it hard to get to sleep, even when I'm etremely tired I can lay awake all night and be awake all day, and still not be able to get to sleep the next night. I found that playing classical music as I try to sleep sometimes helps me, but other times I'll just lay awake and listen to the music. Also if I know that I have to get up early the next morning for an appointment, there is no hope of me getting to sleep,and I get aggravated with myself and count down the hours until I have to get up. Does anyone else have that problem?

I find it hard to believe that the info about CES (Cranial Electrotheraphy Stimulation) is not available in the USA. To begin with, US FDA approved CES in 2014 for stress, anxiety, depression, insomnia and addiction. Now, I'm beginning to believe that this info is suppressed (by Big Pharma? AMA?) Who tend to lose if this device is readily available? Opioids and depressants is a billion dollar industry.

I've heard about CES in 2011 and made one in 2013. Thanks for this dvice, I am having good sleep, practically no depression but I cant comment on its abilty to cure addiction bcause I dont want to take depressants and opioids and then treat myself. No way.

I am using it daily before bed for 20-30 minutes. It feels good to sleep well.

btw, I made my device for less than 100usd while these dvices are sold for 300-800usd! Another rip-off. I hope you try to purchase one for insomnia. Believe me, it works. My wife periodically ask me to let her use it. She says that it calms her.

There are so many info on these devices on the internet, and the medical profession
pretends not to know about it. What a tragedy!
Old 10-08-17, 02:42 PM

nuvisys can only hope to improve
Re: no one with sleeping problems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fasthummingbird View Post
I'm ADD and my problem is deep sleep, such as, we just had a new roof put on our small barn, my husband came home from work and wanted to know when and how long it took the roofers to roof the barn, found out they came around 7a.m. and finished around 9:30a.m. not to far from our bedroom,
I slept through it all, I do this alot. I always have, my mother had a terrible time trying to get me up for school.

well, just wondering if I'm the only one with this kind of sleeping problem

over and out for now

fasthummingbird
Some kids are difficult to wake up in the morning. These is because their brain's frequency in on alpha (8-12hz) This is called 'zombie brain'.

The cure is to introduce a wake-up tone to put their brain freq to beta (12-30hz).
Go to youtube and search for a beta tone to wake you up. Likewise, if you are experiencing high bp, search for a hypertension tone. I am using a hypertension tone (isochronic tone 30 minutes long). I've used this tone 57 times snce jan 4, 2016., without using meds. by 'The Relaxation Project'.

Btw, this modality is called 'BrainWave Entrainment'.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-17, 05:49 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 28,912 Times in 13,080 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sleeping/Insomnia Forum

I love my philips wake up light. It mimics the sun rising with soft sounds and nature sounds and starts out slow and I use it as a sun setting at night.

I carried a watermelon?

I've always been one of a kind. It just hasnt always been positive.