ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-05-17, 06:17 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 5,830 Times in 2,831 Posts
Fraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond repute
Starting projects with no real aim or purpose

Quite often I find myself starting projects for no real reason at all, other than the fact that it has grabbed my attention right now. I can even be so focused on a particular project for days, sometimes weeks. But there is no real end goal or purpose behind what i'm doing. By the time I get fed up with the project, I end up erasing most traces of the work i've done on it. Then the same thing will happen again with a new project. Sometimes I go back to being interested in previous projects, but I have to start them again from scratch as a result of erasing everything when my interest was lost the last time I did it.

These projects must take up about 80% of my waking life. 15% is spent frantically looking around for misplaced items that I need for my project. 4% for eating/drinking and I suppose the last 1% is spent on attempting to tidy something up.

It's so frustrating. I keep asking myself why it has to be this way. If this type of lifestyle pains me so much, why can I never seem to break myself free from it? It's like i'm forever trapped in a cycle of pointless projects that will never really get me anywhere.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fraser_0762 For This Useful Post:
namazu (10-05-17), PoppnNSailinMan (10-06-17), ToneTone (10-05-17)