ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > General Medication Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

General Medication Discussion This section is to be used for general medication discussion and other medications not broken out in their own respective forums.

Old 08-02-17, 08:35 AM

ohlookakitty is on a distinguished road
Re: Nuvigil or Provigil taken with Adderall, Vyvanse, or other Stimulant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emre22 View Post
100mg dose for provigil isnt that high

mixing them makes negligible differences , i have tried provigil 400mg once, even highest dose didnt make noticeable change ( i was using 12.5mgx3 stablon[tianeptine] and 54mg concerta at the same time)

i guess if drugs like provigil , armodafinil etc. were making that much difference, they could be controlled substances

but i am only talking about increase in focus,feeling motive. I cant say anything about narcolepsy case because i was never diagnosed with it
Ya I don't have narcolepsy but with my sleep apnea (which now is being resolved with CPAP) my doctor thought the Nuvigil may help me stay alert.

I tried for few days but no effect so I stopped taking it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
Have you googled " generic modafinil cost"?
I just did and looks like $164/month or so.
Old 08-07-17, 01:40 PM

It seems like Nuvigil 300mg is doing the trick dosage wise. Mentally it's more clear in my head. It's helping me to think a bit more without this 'lag' like feel. This is also combined with Concerta 18mg along with multi-vitamins and 5,000mg of Vitamin D.

We'll see how things go...
Old 08-17-17, 02:50 PM

Few days of 300mg was starting to get me all jittery with 18mg of Concerta and dropping back to 150mg didn't make it seem better. Took few days off and only went with Concerta but if I took 150mg of Nuvigil, it seems as though the same jittery and anxious feeling started to creep back up.

With the advice from my doctor I quit taking it and have been okay since. Just sticking to Concerta now (it's at 27mg) which has been working a lot better.

It seems like the side effects of the Nuvigil is fairly common. Bummer that it didn't work out but also don't want to feel any more anxious than I need to!
Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-17, 11:27 PM

Rambler99 is on a distinguished road
Red face Re: Nuvigil or Provigil taken with Adderall, Vyvanse, or other Stimulant

Also curious about this sort of combo because my doctors agreed that adding 150mgs Nuvigil to my already 70&50 mg Vyvvanse/ day and 600 mg Wellbutrin Instant release.... couldnít do the XL. I have good luck with focus and - hence - motivation to achieve things w/ Vyvvanse more than any other treatment; but it doesnít help make me not tired. Some days, I canít even drive with out nodding off at the wheel ó even though they I may have not been the slightest bit tired prior.

So Iíve recently started the combo and am pumped to NOT FIND myself with the jitters and so far it has helped me personally not get so tired from doing tasks that are repetitive, too overwhelming, etc that have me asleep . It helps Ė me at least- with two different issues all together. ZVyyvanse = focus, able to get stuff done if have energy,my true self ( before I got sick) and Nuvigil= Awakened.

Other thoughts on those taking their similar combo?

Oh my armodafinil was much higher than it pops up on Google ($239/30 pills).
And mine came from WalóMart $596 for the same quantity which also happened to be the cheapest price for 50 miles around. So not much of a generic! Vyvvanse is down to $360 and they used to be the most expensive (and still a brand name)
Old 10-06-17, 09:51 AM
Jr Member

concentric is on a distinguished road

Nuvigil and ritalin or nuvigil and dex was horrible for me. I think it's just too much. Nuvigil and caffeine go well together, although I tend to stay away from too much caffeine now as it just causes extreme tiredness and dependence after a few days for me and many others. It's good if you have a caffeine break in between. I had the best study days with the nuvugil/caffeine combo
Old 10-07-17, 07:36 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 29,553 Times in 13,428 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Nuvigil is just Cephlon's way of cornering another market since provgil went off patent.Its basically part of the isomers in provigil yet they get to rename it and make money. JMO

I carried a watermelon?

I've always been one of a kind. It just hasnt always been positive.
Old 10-10-17, 02:13 AM

kkristin17 is on a distinguished road

I could barely handle Provigil on its own. I would feel like superwoman all day, but then lay awake in bed until 5 am. And that was from taking half a tablet. I couldn't imagine combining that with Vyvanse. But, everyone's different, so I understand how that combination might work extremely well for some people!