ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > New Member Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-17, 11:55 AM

Super Dave is on a distinguished road
Hi, recently diagnosed ADD adult!

Hi all! Just joined but have been reading posts for about a week as I was recently diagnosed and am 37 years old. I feel like I have the same story as you all as I was reading through here, always knowing something was wrong and seeming to have a more difficult time than other people with simple things. I take Intuniv as I didn't want to go on a stimulant but feel it's been more of a placebo the past few months. My son is diagnosed with ADHD/ASD and was prescribed Adderall last year 10mg XR but only gave it to him a couple times and didn't like him on it so we took him off of it. I started a new job this week and during one on one training on the 2nd day as usual I was focused so much on trying to pay attention that couldn't pay attention and drifted off and was called out on it. My wife suggested I take my sons Adderall to work the next day so I did. I honestly can say I have never felt more normal in my life on it, I was attentive all day and never drifted off, wanted to take initiative to engage in conversations as I'm usually introverted in social situations, and didn't struggle to get through the day. I was going to tell my doctor of the improvement but have seen on here that could be seen as drug seeking even with such a low dose, so now I'm at an impasse on what I need to do. I'm not getting high off it but feeling more like a normal person and like I can accomplish more at work.
Old 11-03-17, 12:52 PM

Super Dave is on a distinguished road
Re: Hi, recently diagnosed ADD adult!

Soooo, guessing nobody said hi because of the Adderall thing. So let me reintroduce myself. First off went to the Doc today. First off let me say that a lot of my symptoms I hadnt realized were symptoms, I always thought they were just quirks I've always had and didnt traloze how much they have been affecting my life until I read others with the same stories almost to a T here, so thank you to the community and to those that shared their experiences as well. I was able to describe to the doctor what exactly has been going on and I've been prescribed Vyvanse and will be slowly taken off the Intuniv. Hoping this makes a difference for me. Feel free to say hi if you're reading this by the way LOL.
Old 11-03-17, 03:09 PM

OyVeyKitty is a splendid one to beholdOyVeyKitty is a splendid one to beholdOyVeyKitty is a splendid one to beholdOyVeyKitty is a splendid one to beholdOyVeyKitty is a splendid one to beholdOyVeyKitty is a splendid one to beholdOyVeyKitty is a splendid one to beholdOyVeyKitty is a splendid one to behold
Re: Hi, recently diagnosed ADD adult!

Hey there, Super Dave! I would say welcome but you were here before me so... Yeah... I'm glad to hear you went to the doctor and get to try Vyvanse. Hope it works better for you than Intuniv did!
Sponsored Links