ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-17, 11:14 PM
Contributor

WhiteOwl is a splendid one to beholdWhiteOwl is a splendid one to beholdWhiteOwl is a splendid one to beholdWhiteOwl is a splendid one to beholdWhiteOwl is a splendid one to beholdWhiteOwl is a splendid one to beholdWhiteOwl is a splendid one to beholdWhiteOwl is a splendid one to behold
Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part IV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Missy View Post
Just the thought of camping is too much for me.

Sounds like a lot of work and a big mess.
It is a lot of work, but I grew up camping a lot and those trips are the best memories of my childhood so I try to do the same for my kids. It was much more fun when I was a kid and not on the planning side of things, though.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhiteOwl For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (11-08-17), stef (11-08-17)
Old 11-08-17, 10:24 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 3,406 Times in 1,747 Posts
acdc01 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteOwl View Post
It is a lot of work, but I grew up camping a lot and those trips are the best memories of my childhood so I try to do the same for my kids. It was much more fun when I was a kid and not on the planning side of things, though.
Your adhd can give you free access and half off camping fees at national parks in case you didn't know.

I camp cause it makes traveling really affordable. And sleeping outside in a beautiful setting is very nice on occasion.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to acdc01 For This Useful Post:
aeon (11-08-17), Little Missy (11-08-17), WhiteOwl (11-08-17)
Old 11-08-17, 11:20 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 29,293 Times in 13,277 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc01 View Post
Your adhd can give you free access and half off camping fees at national parks in case you didn't know.

I camp cause it makes traveling really affordable. And sleeping outside in a beautiful setting is very nice on occasion.
Ive heardif you are considered disabled then this is true. Do you know how to do that?

I carried a watermelon?

I've always been one of a kind. It just hasnt always been positive.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
aeon (11-08-17), Little Missy (11-08-17)
Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-17, 12:27 PM
Zen moderator

Thanked 26,118 Times in 12,776 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

At work:

I am copied into the last email in a long exchange of messages about some event and then a request to set up conf call about it.

"Of Course. Stef can organize this."

a) the request in the first place, was to someone else's assistant, you are just in copy so READ YOUR EMAILS;

b) can I, though? will I have time to take care of this today? Perhaps ask me first!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
aeon (11-08-17), Little Missy (11-08-17), WhiteOwl (11-08-17)
Old 11-08-17, 12:29 PM

Thanked 12,619 Times in 5,595 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

I got great sleep and my body feels good.

The mind, however, is no better for it. Foggy slurry, dontcha know.

What time is it now? 10:29 AD...After Dex.

Cheers,
Ian
acdc01 (11-08-17), Little Missy (11-08-17), stef (11-08-17), WhiteOwl (11-08-17)
Old 11-08-17, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
Ive heardif you are considered disabled then this is true. Do you know how to do that?
https://store.usgs.gov/access-pass

It's called an access pass. Go to the above link. You can get a paper application form there. You'll need a Drs note too from my recollection but th as t website should explain more.

If you mail the applicstion, it's a $10 processing fee but if you turn it in in person to one of their local offices, the pass is completely free.

Click on the access pass benefits section and I think it links to where their local offices are.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to acdc01 For This Useful Post:
aeon (11-08-17), WhiteOwl (11-08-17)
Old 11-08-17, 03:37 PM
Contributor

WhiteOwl is a splendid one to beholdWhiteOwl is a splendid one to beholdWhiteOwl is a splendid one to beholdWhiteOwl is a splendid one to beholdWhiteOwl is a splendid one to beholdWhiteOwl is a splendid one to beholdWhiteOwl is a splendid one to beholdWhiteOwl is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc01 View Post

Wow, I've never heard that before! Don't know if I should be happy or offended!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhiteOwl For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (11-08-17), aeon (11-08-17)
Old 11-08-17, 08:52 PM

Thanked 27,780 Times in 12,842 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

The cake isn't sweet at all. hopefully fuzzling will still like it. It's light and moist though who knows how it will taste in the morning. I still don't know how you store cskes.i ususlly just leave them in the baking tray out on the kitchen counter.

I'm not a good cook. Not at all. Sometimes I wonder if that is why fuzzling is such a poor eater.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
aeon (11-08-17), stef (11-09-17)
Old 11-08-17, 09:29 PM

Thanked 12,619 Times in 5,595 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy12 View Post
I still don't know how you store cskes. (sic)
You don’t. You eat them.

Okay, seriously now...you use a cake plate with a domed lid.

They can be cheap and cheerful, or fancy and spendy, and there are all kinds out there to choose from.

Cheers,
Ian
Fuzzy12 (11-09-17), Little Missy (11-08-17), stef (11-09-17)
Old 11-08-17, 11:03 PM

Thanked 31,929 Times in 14,394 Posts
peripatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond repute

this song...

Last edited by midnightstar; 11-09-17 at 12:02 PM.. Reason: just fixing video due to page warping
Old 11-08-17, 11:04 PM

Thanked 31,929 Times in 14,394 Posts
peripatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond repute

also, the pain that is posting videos...which i shouldn't be listening to anyway
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peripatetic For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (11-09-17), midnightstar (11-09-17), stef (11-09-17)
Old 11-09-17, 07:56 AM

Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't understand how I manage to burn everything while cooking every single time. It's crazy. Seriously every time. How dumb can anyone be???
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (11-09-17), aeon (11-09-17), WhiteOwl (11-09-17)
Old 11-09-17, 10:57 AM

Thanked 23,881 Times in 11,053 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy12 View Post
I don't understand how I manage to burn everything while cooking every single time. It's crazy. Seriously every time. How dumb can anyone be???
I must have a had a million meltdowns trying to cook more than one thing at
a time ... at least one of them always got burned. Always.

I don't have the planning skills, or the attention skills, to cook more than one
thing at a time, let along having three or four pots going on the stove at one
time like my mother did.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following User Says Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (11-09-17)
Old 11-09-17, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteOwl View Post
Wow, I've never heard that before! Don't know if I should be happy or offended!
Blm also let's people camp absolutely free at some locations but I've never tried this before as those sites are mostly more primitive. Also, don't know what the crowd who uses these sites are like.

Freecampsites.net maps out free camping spots which people r provide reviews on. I haven't checked out any of thses spots either.
Old 11-09-17, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
I must have a had a million meltdowns trying to cook more than one thing at
a time ... at least one of them always got burned. Always.

I don't have the planning skills, or the attention skills, to cook more than one
thing at a time, let along having three or four pots going on the stove at one
time like my mother did.
I have mostly got two things cooking at the same time. It just seems like too much of an effort to cook thrm consecutively. Maybe that explains why my cooking is so bad..
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (11-09-17)