ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > Depression
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-17, 01:11 PM

roham_06 is on a distinguished road
From venlafaxine to bupropion

Hello
I've been diagnosed with depression, adhd and mood swings
My meds are:
1- depakote 500 ( cause 5 years ago I had a seizure but not after that)
2- aripiprazol 2.5
3- venlafaxin 150
4- ritalin ( not everyday only when I have something important to do like studying for exam)

My problem which I have been experiencing since 3 month ago, is that I have bored everytime , I used to do something like watch movies, reading books and ... Before , but nowadays I am interested in nothing and the only thing i do is smoking ( 50 cig a day)

But when I take ritalin I get better

So I think my problem might be linked to dopamin rather than serotonin
And I have decided to switch from venlafaxine to bupropion
1- what do you think about it?
2- i am worry about seizures since Ive one in my life and ive heard that ritalin and bupropion might both cause seizure....

Thank u very much
Old 11-17-17, 06:29 PM
Contributor

Emre22 is a jewel in the roughEmre22 is a jewel in the roughEmre22 is a jewel in the rough
Re: From venlafaxine to bupropion

I think you should ask it to professional

Switching from venflaxine to bupropion could be good idea in your situation if you didnt have seizure history .