ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Non-ADD Partner Support
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Non-ADD Partner Support This is a support forum for non-ADD partners, spouses, and significant others offering feedback from both the ADD and non-ADD perspectives

Old 11-18-17, 09:58 PM

Tired Wife is on a distinguished road
Re: Dear Spouse or Partner of ADHD

Thank you for this post. Some I remember reading another time I was overwhelmed with my spouse's stuff and looking for answers. It is really hard for me to accept the downtime. He was out of work for 2 years, and I was pregnant, and he did not find work, so I have a hard time making space for him to get the downtime. Rationally I know his brain needs it. Emotionally I think, when is it my turn to get taken care of, when can I relax. I can't stop, but he gets to. It is hard to accept. Especially with the clutter, unfinished tasks etc. giving me anxiety from cluttering my space. He does not believe in simplifying. I love him, and wish we both had learned healthier patterns from the beginning so I didn't feel like the empathy always has to go in one direction. I feel like I am expected to excuse away everything and never hold him accountable. Or I have to give ultimatums. No in between. I know it's more tiresome for him than for me but I wish he would do something about it. (Lifestyle management, meditation, mindfulness, biofeedback, high protein diet, etc.)
The Following User Says Thank You to Tired Wife For This Useful Post:
WhiteOwl (11-18-17)