ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adult Education
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adult Education This forum is to discuss issues related to ADD and higher education.

Old 11-23-17, 06:13 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,620 Times in 15,105 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Why do I never learn from previous mistakes?

I am also one of those people who learns through pain and consequence.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (11-23-17)
Old 11-23-17, 07:48 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 21,519 Times in 11,543 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Why do I never learn from previous mistakes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
I am also one of those people who learns through pain and consequence.
That is it, right there.

Unless the previous mistake causes a significant pain to myself or to others
I love, and the consequences of the mistake have to be reckoned by my own self, then it would carry on and continue because there were no actual consequences for the mistake I had made.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969

Last edited by Little Missy; 11-23-17 at 08:07 AM..
Old 05-07-18, 03:28 AM

apothecia is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Re: Why do I never learn from previous mistakes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBlind View Post
I guess this is a general ADHD query but in my case it mostly pertains to my education. It just seems like I make the same errors over and over again when it comes to managing my symptoms, keeping on top of my studies, being sensible about the workload, etc. There isnít a calendar, planner or todo list that I havenít lost, forgotten about or outright gave up on and even when I meticulously plan my activities something always messes it up. And constantly having to re-write my schedule and activities just makes me constantly worried and stressed because nothing can ever go the way I plan. I know what Iím supposed to avoid to improve my productivity and what tools to try and overcome my difficulties with studying but I regularly fail to put these concepts into practice and I have never been able to spot red flags until itís too late.

I just feel very defeated and fed up. Iím just so tired of struggling so much just to barely scrape by in life, even in areas that Iím good at. I just donít know what I keep doing wrong over and over and over again to end up in the same mess as the last time (in this case, struggling to finish coursework on time). Iím just tired of constantly trying to fix myself so I can finally be a functioning adult.
I could have totally written this post! It's the end of the semester and I'm a trainwreck once again.
Sponsored Links