ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Non-ADD Partner Support
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Non-ADD Partner Support This is a support forum for non-ADD partners, spouses, and significant others offering feedback from both the ADD and non-ADD perspectives

Old 11-04-17, 04:56 PM

Thanked 33,358 Times in 15,067 Posts
peripatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Can she stop the infidelity?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JALondon View Post
The only odd habit is occasionally inventing / exaggerating illnesses for the kids, or labels for aspects her life and broadcasting I think to get moral and physical support from friends and family.
i find this really disturbing. i know it's not the focal point of your thread, but... all sorts of red flags are popping up for me here. that's SUPER manipulative and to "invent/exaggerate illnesses for the kids"...holy crap!

in light of that, if nothing else...i really don't know that there's an amicable way to resolve this for the sake of your children. she's using them. i don't mean to be harsh, but that's what's happening. she uses your children to get sympathy.

get a solid divorce attorney and start documenting some things. like, yesterday.

i'm so sorry you're going through this.

my heart aches for you and your children. x
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peripatetic For This Useful Post:
Cat Noir (11-09-17), OyVeyKitty (11-04-17), sarahsweets (11-04-17)
Old 11-04-17, 06:29 PM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 31,176 Times in 14,304 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by peripatetic View Post
i find this really disturbing. i know it's not the focal point of your thread, but... all sorts of red flags are popping up for me here. that's SUPER manipulative and to "invent/exaggerate illnesses for the kids"...holy crap!

in light of that, if nothing else...i really don't know that there's an amicable way to resolve this for the sake of your children. she's using them. i don't mean to be harsh, but that's what's happening. she uses your children to get sympathy.

get a solid divorce attorney and start documenting some things. like, yesterday.

i'm so sorry you're going through this.

my heart aches for you and your children. x
Peri is right. Its all kinds of wrong for anyone to use their children like that.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
peripatetic (11-04-17)
Old 12-12-17, 08:45 PM

JALondon is on a distinguished road

Thanks Tone. Thanks all. Iíve moved out. Her best friend has told me that the infidelity was constant and started even from the first month we dated. I donít think this is an adhd related behaviour at all. Before we met she had sex with her best friends ex fiancť after a few drinks which must have really hurt her friend. I donít think she can control it as Iíve learnt about public acts like streaking in pubs and at sports events and even a naked sex routine (bananas and spray cream etc) on stage in a bar in front of hundreds of men just because tipsy and some Australians dared her to. Itís not behaviour that I think I could ever trust she could stop if itís that longstanding and that impulsive / uncontrolled.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JALondon For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (12-13-17), WhiteOwl (12-13-17)
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-17, 04:34 AM
ADDvanced Member

DeClutter is a splendid one to beholdDeClutter is a splendid one to beholdDeClutter is a splendid one to beholdDeClutter is a splendid one to beholdDeClutter is a splendid one to beholdDeClutter is a splendid one to beholdDeClutter is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by JALondon View Post
Thanks Tone. Thanks all. Iíve moved out. Her best friend has told me that the infidelity was constant and started even from the first month we dated. I donít think this is an adhd related behaviour at all. Before we met she had sex with her best friends ex fiancť after a few drinks which must have really hurt her friend. I donít think she can control it as Iíve learnt about public acts like streaking in pubs and at sports events and even a naked sex routine (bananas and spray cream etc) on stage in a bar in front of hundreds of men just because tipsy and some Australians dared her to. Itís not behaviour that I think I could ever trust she could stop if itís that longstanding and that impulsive / uncontrolled.
I am so sorry for you, and I can imagine how horrible it must feel to discover that what you thought you had, and what you were holding onto was in the end not what it seemed.

And as you say, i don't think this is the AD(H)D at work, it's a deeper rooted personality issue that makes her look for superficial attention in all the wrong places, while not being able to value true attention within a relationship. The alcohol is just an enhancing factor.

I can imagine that you feel both stupid and betrayed now. But don't be too hard on yourself. She seemed very manipulative and a master in deception from what you describe, so you couldn't have known it all. She was/is not capable to have a healthy relationship with anyone.
The Following User Says Thank You to DeClutter For This Useful Post:
WhiteOwl (12-13-17)