ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Relationships & Social Issues
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Relationships & Social Issues This forum is for adults with AD/HD to discuss how AD/HD affects personal relationships.

Old 12-29-17, 07:32 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 6,474 Times in 3,091 Posts
Fraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: No friends at 27

You don't really want to be friends with an ex anyway. When you break up with someone, it should be final. Trying to maintain a friendship with an ex can cause far more bother than it's really worth in the long run, you're better off without the complications.

As for getting yourself out there, you don't need to have a drink in order to socialize in bars and nightclubs. In fact, if you don't drink, it actually gives you the advantage over everyone else.

Also, you can go just about anywhere to socialize with people. Join the gym and take up several hobbies that interest you. Socializing doesn't need to involve surrounding yourself with drinkers.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fraser_0762 For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (12-29-17), aeon (12-29-17), Barbrady1 (12-29-17), WhiteOwl (12-29-17)
Old 12-29-17, 11:25 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

Thanked 1,231 Times in 520 Posts
WhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud of

Yeah, I don't drink or do clubs/bars. The setting has always made me uncomfortable. I joined Meetup and joined groups for photography, outdoors stuff, and introverts because those are things that interest me and I figure I'll meet other people who share the same interests and maybe make friends. I don't think you're ever too old to make friends.
The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteOwl For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (12-29-17)
Old 12-30-17, 02:59 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 31,923 Times in 14,755 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteOwl View Post
Yeah, I don't drink or do clubs/bars. The setting has always made me uncomfortable. I joined Meetup and joined groups for photography, outdoors stuff, and introverts because those are things that interest me and I figure I'll meet other people who share the same interests and maybe make friends. I don't think you're ever too old to make friends.
How is meetup? Is it for singles or just for people to make friends?

I carried a watermelon?
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-17, 11:20 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

Thanked 1,231 Times in 520 Posts
WhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
How is meetup? Is it for singles or just for people to make friends?
It's just to meet other people who share the same interests. Mostly just to make friends, but there are some singles groups. It just depends on what you're looking for, there's something for everyone. I really love the idea.