ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 12-22-17, 12:40 PM
Contributor

Carol has disabled reputation
Stressed out in the Bahamas

Greetings from the Bahamas,
I'm living in Nassau now, running a small hotel. The challenges here, along with the challenges of settling my husband's estate, are defeating me. I've avoided legal issues to the point of putting it all in jeopardy. I make mistakes every day. I have no one here to support or advise me, no one anywhere really.
I've lost 22 pounds in the last three months. I can't eat, I can't sleep . Fear, anxiety, and stress are killing me.

I don't know what to do. No, I know some of what to do, but I can't make myself do it. Same, worn ADD battle.

How do you make yourself do what you know you must do? How do you get past the fear of hearing bad news?
Carol
aeon (12-22-17), Little Missy (12-22-17), PoppnNSailinMan (12-23-17), psychopathetic (12-23-17), stef (12-22-17), ToneTone (12-22-17)
Old 12-22-17, 12:45 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 13,259 Times in 5,901 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Stressed out in the Bahamas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol View Post
How do you make yourself do what you know you must do? How do you get past the fear of hearing bad news?
Dexedrine.

Cheers,
Ian
Little Missy (12-22-17), stef (12-22-17)
Old 12-23-17, 12:20 AM
Super Meowaderator

Thanked 15,381 Times in 6,105 Posts
meadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond repute

Adderall helps me remember what I am supposed to be doing long enough to actually get it done.

It also allows me to.bring to my.conscience awareness the memories of all those bad things that were made worse via my procrastination.

You need set aside a specified period of time to get things done, along with a specified time to grieve.

It may help to make a support system durning this time by way of counseling whether that is through a spiritual group or an on-line support group to help you move through the long arduous process of grieving ....

Follow ADDForums on Twitter & Facebook
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to meadd823 For This Useful Post:
aeon (12-23-17), Little Missy (12-23-17), PoppnNSailinMan (12-23-17), psychopathetic (12-23-17), ToneTone (12-23-17)
Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-17, 01:32 AM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 12,822 Times in 6,322 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Oh

(((((((Carol)))))))

I wish I had answers for you. I wish meds did it for me like they seem to do it for some.

I feel like as long as my life is in my own hands, my life will continue to be out of control. I've tried for so long to do good and to get better...but meh.
And it sucks, cause no one can step in and fix things for us. I'd love to let someone (professional preferably) step in for a month or 2 and get my life on track for me. Make my decisions for me. Force me up out of bed and push me on through the day.
But no one can really do that.

Meds only do so much for me. I've been on adderall and dex. They helped, but came no where near fixing things for me.

Wish I had a more hopeful message to leave for you.

Just letting you know you're not alone. I can relate...and leaving you a couple of warm e-(((hugs)))

((((((((((((((Carol))))))))))))))

((((((((((((((MOM))))))))))))))
I'll always fondly remember.

Old 12-23-17, 11:41 AM

Thanked 20,021 Times in 10,661 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeon View Post
Dexedrine.

Cheers,
Ian
This will help immensely.

Is it really that bad?

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
Old 12-23-17, 02:18 PM

Thanked 2,366 Times in 1,113 Posts
ToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely get to a doctor right away ... find one there ... if you need to ... just share your situation ... and with a little luck, you can get some medication that helps.

Grief and depression ... and you might have both ... make it impossible to think clearly ... really near impossible ... so you want to take that first step and get your mood lifted ... and THEN you can think more clearly and take action.

When in deep grief or depression everything seems overwhelming ...

BTW: have you hired a good estate attorney? Oddly enough, they deal with grief all the time (I'm dealing with an estate attorney now for my late brother's estate) ... and a good estate attorney may know a good doctor to address your mood and ADHD issues.

Really, once you hire a good attorney, your job just becomes signing papers that the attorney sends you .... They will do the work. Yeah, at the start I had to gather some information, but that was only at the start and the attorney was willing to do a lot of that ...

Tone
The Following User Says Thank You to ToneTone For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (12-23-17)
Old 01-02-18, 10:11 PM
Contributor

Carol has disabled reputation

Thanks very much for all your helpful responses.

On medication, I've taken meds for about 12 years. Currently, I take Adderall, which I get when I go back to Florida every 3 months for hotel supplies. Here I get Concerta, which is the only ADD med available. I've never had a doctor who would prescribe dexedrine and I was surprised by how many of you are taking it. I've read that it's often more effective than Adderall, which is only so-so for me.

ADD is definitely hindering me, and so is fear. Not anxiety, outright fear. I fear, maybe unrealistically, maybe not, that everything will go wrong and I'll lose the entire estate, or at least big chunks of it.

I do have lawyers, but they haven't taken over and handled everything. I can't find documents that they need. (Big surprise). I've even thought of going for hypnotherapy to try to locate them. There are decisions that only I can make and I delay, avoid, run away.

It's almost 2 years now since my husband died. This is just so ADD.