ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Relationships & Social Issues
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Relationships & Social Issues This forum is for adults with AD/HD to discuss how AD/HD affects personal relationships.

Old 01-16-18, 11:52 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 3,937 Times in 2,026 Posts
acdc01 has disabled reputation
Re: When friends end a friendship for dumb reasons

I had a number of friends in high school and younger where that happened to me. I was pretty nerdy looking when I was young. The shallow "reasons" for ending the friendships wasn't really the real reason. It was because it became uncool to be my friend any longer. Girls often hit this age where they become insecure and their reputation means more to them than old friendships. It was really about their own personal insecurities.

I didn't have that happen to me in college but I guess some people might still be immature and insecure enough at that age still to do the same thing.
Old 01-16-18, 12:31 PM

ryanLRC2015 is on a distinguished road
Re: When friends end a friendship for dumb reasons

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc01 View Post
I had a number of friends in high school and younger where that happened to me. I was pretty nerdy looking when I was young. The shallow "reasons" for ending the friendships wasn't really the real reason. It was because it became uncool to be my friend any longer. Girls often hit this age where they become insecure and their reputation means more to them than old friendships. It was really about their own personal insecurities.

I didn't have that happen to me in college but I guess some people might still be immature and insecure enough at that age still to do the same thing.
I agree. It has happened to me more in high school. The scenario I gave that occured in college was the only time that happened. She was most likely ver insecure and cared more about her reputation and other personal insecurities than friendships. She most likely saw friends as disposable.
The Following User Says Thank You to ryanLRC2015 For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (01-19-18)