ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > New Member Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-18, 02:40 PM

drkj3di is on a distinguished road
Talking Hi everyone!

Hi everyone,

I'm drkj3di, new to this forum and wish I'd found it sooner!

I'm from the UK, and was diagnosed formally with ADHD in 2015 (finally). I've been taking Elvanse @ 50mg/day, and had some counselling.

I've had difficulties pretty much since I remember. I was hyperactive as a child, and always seemed to be in trouble for something in or out of school.

I'm 47 now & I struggle at home and work with lack of concentration, focusing on the task at hand, starting and completing tasks/projects, communicating effectively, paying attention to details, my memory is bad, sitting still in meetings, following proper processes etc.

Having a look at some of the posts here, it sounds familiar. I'm hoping to share and learn some coping techniques, shared experiences, and if possible find a support group for adults with ADHD.

Thanks all!
Old 01-24-18, 09:34 AM

Pinkyswear is on a distinguished road
Re: Hi everyone!

I was diagnosed late in life as well (42) and suffer from the same things! I started treating the symptoms with medication 5 months ago. Welcome!