ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Misc Treatments and Approaches
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 12-25-17, 09:13 PM
ADDvanced Member

allesandro1 has a spectacular aura aboutallesandro1 has a spectacular aura about
Re: STN Reflex and ADHD symptoms

The exercises can't hurt but I don't know that they would do any good either. I think that if there was a case for OT or PT, I would pursue that and let them determine what exercises would be of greatest benefit.
Old 01-31-18, 12:04 AM
ADDvanced Member

allesandro1 has a spectacular aura aboutallesandro1 has a spectacular aura about

I admit when I first read this i thought it was utter nonsense however further research regarding the vestibular system seems to indicate that there is a great deal of truth to this especially with regard to coordination and balance and the vestibular system. I don't think it's a cure for ADD but in the UK there seems to be a lot of evidence that certain exercises including rolling and crawling to improve brain function, coordination, and balance
Old 01-31-18, 06:13 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 31,594 Times in 14,574 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

My son had an issue with his "mid-line crossing". Basically we have an invisible line that goes straight through our bodies dividing them in half. A mid-line issue for him can be explained this way:
When he was younger and coloring he would use his dominant hand to write or outline or color. When it came time to color something on the left (he is right handed) He would lift his hand up and move it over to the left side and continue rather than coloring and letting the marker or crayon or whatever move through the mid-line. Meaning he wouldnt cross over that mid-line, he had to lift, move and then continue. When he finger painted as a toddler he would use both hands but the left would stay on the left and right hand on the right. Think of "wax on wax off". This affected how he learned to write and his struggles with cursive. He required PT and OT for this (he also had dysgraphia IMO). The OT and PT helped with coordinating both sides of his body but even then he didnt learn to ride a bike until age 11. His handwriting never improved and in 10th grade the OT therapist said we had reached our peak as far as how much more he could improve. I dont know if this is an adhd thing or not but I wanted to share.

I carried a watermelon?
Sponsored Links