ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > Anxiety Disorders, OCD & PTSD
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Anxiety Disorders, OCD & PTSD A forum to discuss Anxiety, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Panic Disorder, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, Simple Phobias, and Social Anxiety Disorder

Old 02-01-18, 08:40 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,005 Times in 756 Posts
mildadhd has disabled reputation
How many types of anxiety are there?

1)chronically overaroused FEAR system (freeze or flight responses)
2)chronically overaroused GRIEF system (separation anxiety)
3)....

(Feel free to add to the list)

M
Old 02-02-18, 02:13 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,005 Times in 756 Posts
mildadhd has disabled reputation
Re: How many types of anxiety are there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mildadhd View Post
1)chronically overaroused FEAR system (freeze or flight responses)
2)chronically overaroused GRIEF system (separation anxiety)
3)
(Revision #1)

1) The chronically aroused FEAR system can produce a freeze response i) a type of hypoactive (sluggish/inattentive) anxiety, and the chronically aroused FEAR system can also produce a flight response ii) a type of hyperactive anxiety.

2)The chronically overaroused PANIC/GRIEF system (separation anxiety/separation depression) can produce i) a type of hyperactive anxiety and ii) a type of hypoactive (sluggish/inattentive) depression.

3) (feel free to add to the list)

M

Last edited by mildadhd; 02-02-18 at 02:27 AM..