ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > Site Suggestions & Feedback
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What do you think of the ADD Forums?
Its amazing! Where have you been all my life?! 388 72.12%
Its great, but...(please post your wish list below) 150 27.88%
Voters: 538. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-21-17, 10:48 PM
Moderator of all seasons

Thanked 16,217 Times in 8,203 Posts
anonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What's your honest opinion of the ADD Forums?

One of the best things to happen to me during my adult life.
Greyhound1 (12-22-17), Lunacie (12-22-17), psychopathetic (12-22-17)
Old 12-22-17, 12:16 AM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 13,492 Times in 6,490 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymouslyadd View Post
One of the best things to happen to me during my adult life.
This

The mobile app would be nice too.
The Following User Says Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
anonymouslyadd (12-22-17)
Old 12-22-17, 03:34 AM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 13,183 Times in 6,532 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Sometimes I get bored here.
It's only been an issue it seems over the last year or 2.
It just doesn't seem to be as active. There's a lot of people who have drifted away...a lot of opinions and posts, and chatter and new discussions are left unposted without them.

Then again, I rarely venture out of the chit-chat part of the boards...so I understand I'm missing a ton obviously...but chit chat itself use to be a whole heck of a lot more active...and I'd love for it to get back to that.
As is...I don't get enough of what I feel like I need. Don't get me wrong...I love what I do get, and love the people who are currently active...but...
Well I don't know.
I just wish ADDF was more active. I wish I could spend all day in chit chat replying to people and adding into ongoing conversations. I use to be able to do so! Now there seems to be only a couple handful of new posts made a day there...and that's on a busy day!

((((((((((((((MOM))))))))))))))
I'll always fondly remember.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-17, 03:49 AM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 13,183 Times in 6,532 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightstar View Post
When I arrived, I was in a *really* bad place and this forum literally saved me, the support I got here (and still get here) is wonderful

No exaggeration, if this forum did not exist I would be dead by now, that's how much this forum has done for me (and I'm being serious)
(((((((Mid-Mids)))))))

You yourself have been an important part of many other people's experience here too...just so you know.
I guess I can't speak for others...but I feel very safe here in doing so.

Your continued kindness, understanding, humor and support for me alone has meant so much to me. But you provide that for SO many others here as well.

Just saying

((((((((((((((MOM))))))))))))))
I'll always fondly remember.

The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (12-22-17)
Old 12-22-17, 04:46 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 30,231 Times in 13,787 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Then again, I rarely venture out of the chit-chat part of the boards...so I understand I'm missing a ton obviously...but chit chat itself use to be a whole heck of a lot more active...and I'd love for it to get back to that.
As is...I don't get enough of what I feel like I need. Don't get me wrong...I love what I do get, and love the people who are currently active...but...
Well I don't know.
I think you have way more to offer than what happens in chitchat. I think you have experience with meds, relationships and lots of other stuff. Remember there are no rules that say you must have experienced the exact same thing the poster has in order to comment...I post in men's sometimes. i hear you on not getting what you need sometimes but I feel that a- asking for what you need in other sections helps fulfill them and b- participating in other sections helps you fill needs you didnt know you had. Its why we all do this. You are always hard on yourself and lack self confidence when it comes to giving your opinion somewhere else and I think thats worth changing and why ADDF needs people like you.

Quote:
I just wish ADDF was more active. I wish I could spend all day in chit chat replying to people and adding into ongoing conversations. I use to be able to do so! Now there seems to be only a couple handful of new posts made a day there...and that's on a busy day!
Me too. But we have to consistently try and make it active in order for it to get more active. BTW consistency sucks the pay off is small but it can happen.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
Lash107 (02-05-18), stef (12-22-17)
Old 02-04-18, 10:16 PM
Jr Member

Lash107 is on a distinguished road

I read a lot here but I generally feel too intimidated to post. Overall, this is a great community but I’ve noticed for a couple of years some are quick to judge others. I do feel the site is well-moderated. Some members just, um, seem....bossy (lol?) and are quick to judge - or at least some posts seem that way.

Some posts are great and aren’t snarky and aren’t walking a thin line on medical advice. I prefer to give and receive support via empathy and validation....and possible suggestions regarding seeking treatment options, how to communicate effectively with your treatment team, ideas as to interpersonal conflict in relationships, etc., when the OP asks. (My SO has bipolar disorder 1 and ADHD, so I relate from both sides).

Admittedly, I’m sensitive and that’s just my opinion.

I am in treatment and on Adderall IR and have taken Adderall XR and Vyvanse in the past (not all at the same time).

I like reading Sarah’s posts, as I’m also a mom, a recovered alcoholic and have bipolar disorder (1).

I have chronic pain, OCD, PTSD, GAD, Panic disorder, Social anxiety with agoraphobia, and PMDD. Oh, I have IBS, too. I was in a professional career for several years, but I became disabled, primarily due to bipolar disorder. I wish I was making all those diagnoses up, but iv been independently evaluated three times over the years.

A lot of my symptoms from my conditions “mimic” ADD/ADHD symptoms. Maybe I don’t belong, but I relate so it’s confusing. (I use another website for posting about the aforementioned conditions.)I do like the co-morbid forum, thank you for having it. I worry about overposting in it. I’m not in crisis or needy, but I am disabled and .... I have a lot of chronic illnesses. I don’t want to hog the forums, yikes.

Unfortunately, I am treatment-resistant and the birth of my child (she’s a teen now) and the accompanying hormonal changes “activated” the bipolar genetic makeup that runs in my family. My anxiety disorders mainly stem from abuse and ... well, I’ve been anxious since childhood but never was ... my mom pretended like everything was fine so I had to do the same. My anxiety was diagnosed when bipolar surfaced.

I am in treatment and my psychiatrist is excellent. I’m in therapy. I take my meds as prescribed and I’m proud to be alcohol-free for years, now. I quit smoking, too!

You may notice up there, in this post, I have not said I’ve been diagnosed with ADD or ADHD. I’ve been evaluated for it. So why am I here?

My psychiatrist says I have a lot of the symptoms but it’s from my bipolar disorder. I’m a rapid-cycler and tend to have an elevated mood state .... which he monitors every month. I’m in good care. He made sure to thoroughly physically and mentally evaluate me.

(I showed up in my psychiatrist’s office, a suicidal and psychotic bipolar mixed episode disaster....I was absolutely terrified of everything, truly. It was a horrible several months at that point. What happened? My GP misdiagnosed me with MDD and gave me four different SSRI’s for six months. And said, “everybody has anxiety.” Thankfully, he referred me to my psychiatrist but I was damaged.)

My psychiatrist made sure he knew and I knew what my diagnoses are because that’s how he forms a treatment plan. That said, he likes to focus on treatment of symptoms and not focusing on labels. I think perhaps because I have so many labels, lol. He never has said you don’t have ADD/ADHD. He said he thinks my distractavility, lack of focus, poor concentration, and so on, are bipolar symptoms.

I guess I’m trying to say I’m not sure I fit in here. I’m not diagnosed with the condition although I relate soooo much to what you all experience in your illness. And Adderall does help me.

I like my treatment team and I manage my conditions the best I can. That includes meds, even though, yes, I have had severe mania, I’m a recovered addict that takes prescribed meds that create dependency, etc.

What a meandering post, lol. My apologies if I derailed, that’s the best I can explain.

Last edited by Lash107; 02-04-18 at 10:43 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lash107 For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (02-04-18), namazu (02-05-18)