ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > PARENTS OF CHILDREN WITH ADD/ADHD > Primary & Secondary Education
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Primary & Secondary Education This forum is for parents to discuss issues related to their children's education and AD/HD.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-06-18, 03:09 PM

Jen_in_SanJose is on a distinguished road
Meeting with School Today

Hi everyone! Brand new to this forum. I have a 9 year old son that was just formally diagnosed with ADHD, inattentive disorder.

He goes to a private Catholic school and I am meeting with his teacher today to discuss the accommodations that his psychologist recommends. I am not super nervous as they have already been somewhat accommodating over the last 3 years(use of headphones, standing at desk, taking work into the hall, etc.)

but the biggest thing I want to see is LESS busy work. He is very bright and I feel like some of the work is just not needed. They are "check the box" kind of teachers so it will be very interesting to see how they respond.

My question to all of you is how has your school accommodated?

If anyone lives in San Jose I would LOVE to hear how the public schools deal with that as well as there is always the option of moving him if needed.

Mostly I just wanted to say hi and find a support system for how to handle the next 9+ years.....

Last edited by namazu; 02-06-18 at 03:12 PM.. Reason: Added a few line breaks for easier reading -- welcome to ADDF!