ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Careers/Job Impact
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Careers/Job Impact This forum is for adults to discuss how AD/HD affects work and career.

Old 02-21-18, 06:50 PM
ADDvanced Member

allesandro1 has a spectacular aura aboutallesandro1 has a spectacular aura about
Tomorrow Is My Last Day At Work, Feeling Anxious

I have resigned from my job, effective tomorrow in order to avoid inevitable termination resulting from ADD related mistakes. Although my performance has improved greatly over the last couple of months, it seems the mistakes I've made during the first four months of employment at this agency have been unforgivable mistakes.
The job is only part time and has a lot of flaws as well, not the least of which is that they expect you to do a lot of work for which you are not reimbursed. When it became clear to me that that did not make up for the errors I made, I pointed out that this was not Ok, and that I would not be doing any free work anymore, a cardinal sin. At that point I know nolonger cared, and I set out to salvage what little self respect I had left.
Well, tomorrow is the last day and I feel quite anxious about it, and also sad as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to allesandro1 For This Useful Post:
mildadhd (02-21-18)
Old 02-21-18, 08:36 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

CharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to all
Re: Tomorrow Is My Last Day At Work, Feeling Anxious

Quote:
Originally Posted by allesandro1 View Post
they expect you to do a lot of work for which you are not reimbursed
Is that even legal?
Old 02-21-18, 08:54 PM
ADDvanced Member

allesandro1 has a spectacular aura aboutallesandro1 has a spectacular aura about

what can I say, the woman never read the emancipation proclamation
The Following User Says Thank You to allesandro1 For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (02-21-18)
Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-18, 12:29 PM

Peacebwu is on a distinguished road

I am sorry you are having added stress and anxiety. It sounds like the job you have been working isn't a good fit. Life is too short to work for free at a job that you choose to work for finances. It's one thing if you choose to volunteer at something but not ethical if someone wants to work you for free. You should be paid for the work you do. I may have missed what the unforgiveable errors were but mistakes are mistakes. It's the job of the employer to teach, train correctly and release to an employee what they are capable of. Are you allowing the challenges to beat you up and it's making things even harder on you? Unfortunately, anxiety feeds more errors as it shuts down chemicals in our brains to focus and be productive. Have you tried some mindfulness activities? Deep breathing to reduce the cortisol from stress? It sounds like you are on a good path of acceptance. Hang in there! the right place, position will open when you are ready for it. We all have jobs that don't fit or are really hard on us. Perhaps try to forgive yourself for any mistakes? You are worth a great supportive job that makes you feel good to get up and make a difference every day!