ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-18, 04:45 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,241 Times in 937 Posts
mildadhd has disabled reputation
What is your “agenda/reason” for frequenting ADDForums?

Why do you frequent ADDForums?

Does everyone who frequents ADDForums have some type of “agenda” for being here at ADDForums?

Is “agenda” the right word to use in this context?

I do not always have the same interests/preferences as other members.

Do you think members who do not always agree with the majority have some type of hidden agenda or do some people simply have a different opinion based on personal experiences/preferences?

Who does not have some type of agenda/reason for frequenting ADDForums?

M

Last edited by mildadhd; 03-03-18 at 05:08 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to mildadhd For This Useful Post:
daveddd (03-03-18)
Old 03-03-18, 06:12 AM
ADDvanced Member

OyVeyKitty has much to be proud ofOyVeyKitty has much to be proud ofOyVeyKitty has much to be proud ofOyVeyKitty has much to be proud ofOyVeyKitty has much to be proud ofOyVeyKitty has much to be proud ofOyVeyKitty has much to be proud ofOyVeyKitty has much to be proud of
Re: What is your “agenda/reason” for frequenting ADDForums?

Typically when people say someone has an agenda for doing something, they refer to that person having a hidden agenda. That is, that the person has a plan to do something (usually negative) without others having knowledge of their intentions. An example would be registering and participating only in order to gather information about members to use against people with ADHD, without telling anyone that it's your plan.

In that sense I don't have an agenda, so you can add me to your list of people without an agenda. Then again, isn't that exactly what a person with an agenda would say? My actual reasons vary from simple boredom and procrastination to being curious about something to wanting to help people. I visit pretty much at least once a day, but I don't post that often because I don't feel I have much to add in most cases or don't feel like my input would be of much value.

Last edited by OyVeyKitty; 03-03-18 at 06:18 AM.. Reason: A word had fallen under the desk, but I found it and put it back. Also other edits. I need coffee...
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to OyVeyKitty For This Useful Post:
aeon (03-03-18), Lunacie (03-03-18), mildadhd (03-03-18), psychopathetic (03-03-18), userguide (03-06-18)
Old 03-03-18, 06:15 AM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 15,372 Times in 7,648 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

I'm here for various personal and nefarious reasons.

I just wanted an excuse to use the word nefarious.

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
aeon (03-03-18), daveddd (03-03-18), Lunacie (03-03-18), mildadhd (03-03-18), OyVeyKitty (03-03-18), userguide (03-06-18)
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-18, 07:04 AM

Thanked 11,304 Times in 5,517 Posts
daveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond repute

When I say I don’t have an agenda in a forum it’s because I feel like someone s response hinted that I did

Like there was something between the lines of my post. Or I’m trying to manipulate a conversation into a certain direction

I’m not sure why I feel that way but it seems I get responses to my posts that aren’t related to what I said. Like I was implying something I wasn’t. And someone inferred something that wasn’t there

Maybe it relates to communication difficulties in adhd
Lunacie (03-03-18), mildadhd (03-03-18)
Old 03-03-18, 07:06 AM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 22,820 Times in 13,485 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

I'm here to get and recieve support, idk if this is an "agenda" - I thought agenda meant something negative?

Unless me being here is a negative thing for everyone? idk
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
mildadhd (03-03-18), OyVeyKitty (03-03-18)
Old 03-03-18, 07:48 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,577 Times in 15,084 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

I love giving and getting support. Someone with an agenda would be like if a topic was always being discussed in many ways across multiple threads in hopes of somehow swaying a large group of people to think like they do. Someone with an agenda hopes to stir the pot, create discord or argue for arguments sake about the same subject. I dont think I do that.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (03-03-18), OyVeyKitty (03-03-18), userguide (03-06-18)
Old 03-03-18, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightstar View Post
I'm here to get and recieve support, idk if this is an "agenda" - I thought agenda meant something negative?

Unless me being here is a negative thing for everyone? idk
I do know, I certainly do not think anyone being here is a negative thing, especially you.

M
Fuzzy12 (03-03-18), Lunacie (03-03-18), midnightstar (03-03-18)
Old 03-03-18, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveddd View Post
When I say I don’t have an agenda in a forum it’s because I feel like someone s response hinted that I did

Like there was something between the lines of my post. Or I’m trying to manipulate a conversation into a certain direction

I’m not sure why I feel that way but it seems I get responses to my posts that aren’t related to what I said. Like I was implying something I wasn’t. And someone inferred something that wasn’t there

Maybe it relates to communication difficulties in adhd
Interesting, because sometimes I feel we are on the same page, then all of a sudden we are not.

Maybe it has something to do with the multiple factors involved, including personal preferences?

It’s like we meet at the same intersection, then drive off in different directions?

M
daveddd (03-03-18)
Old 03-03-18, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
I love giving and getting support. Someone with an agenda would be like if a topic was always being discussed in many ways across multiple threads in hopes of somehow swaying a large group of people to think like they do. Someone with an agenda hopes to stir the pot, create discord or argue for arguments sake about the same subject. I dont think I do that.
I think most of us do that to a certain degree, but I wonder if it is mostlly due to diversity of personal experiences and personal preferences.

What is right for some people, might not be right for all people, kind(s) of thing(s)?

M

Last edited by mildadhd; 03-03-18 at 10:21 AM.. Reason: Edit changed simply to mostly, most of us
Old 03-03-18, 10:59 AM
Mod-A-holic

sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mildadhd View Post
I think most of us do that to a certain degree, but I wonder if it is mostlly due to diversity of personal experiences and personal preferences.

What is right for some people, might not be right for all people, kind(s) of thing(s)?

M
I dont know if its diversity or not. Personal preferences? Maybe. Or maybe just to reiterate a point thats been made already?

I carried a watermelon?
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
mildadhd (03-03-18)
Old 03-03-18, 01:19 PM

daveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Interesting, because sometimes I feel we are on the same page, then all of a sudden we are not.

Maybe it has something to do with the multiple factors involved, including personal preferences?

It’s like we meet at the same intersection, then drive off in different directions?

M
I do think you have some interesting info. I just cannot be sure of something that can’t yet be proven. So I like to see different sides
aeon (03-03-18), Lunacie (03-03-18), mildadhd (03-03-18)
Old 03-03-18, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveddd View Post
I do think you have some interesting info. I just cannot be sure of something that can’t yet be proven. So I like to see different sides
I agree.

The same goes for yours and everyone else’s opinions.

Question.

If I hypothetically disagree with your interpretation of a scientific article you posted, in the science section, based on information in the article, would you find that invalidating or a difference of opinion?

M

Last edited by mildadhd; 03-03-18 at 01:43 PM.. Reason: Or a difference of opinion?
The Following User Says Thank You to mildadhd For This Useful Post:
daveddd (03-03-18)
Old 03-03-18, 02:50 PM
Mod-A-holic

I dont see anything wrong disagreeing, but presenting your ( not you, I mean a collective you) points as absolutes is what I find difficult to understand.

Quote:
I agree.

Question.

If I hypothetically disagree with your interpretation of a scientific article you posted, in the science section, based on information in the article, would you find that invalidating or a difference of opinion?

M

I carried a watermelon?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
aeon (03-03-18), Lunacie (03-03-18), mildadhd (03-03-18)
Old 03-03-18, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
I dont see anything wrong disagreeing, but presenting your ( not you, I mean a collective you) points as absolutes is what I find difficult to understand.
Thanks

I think if we looked, we could find examples of many of us making same mistake.

That being said, in the future I will try harder to use more appropriate terminology when I reply in general.

M
Old 03-03-18, 03:26 PM

Quote:
I agree.

Question.

M
i wouldnt be surprised if i misinterpreted a large amount of articles
aeon (03-03-18)