ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Non-ADD Partner Support
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Non-ADD Partner Support This is a support forum for non-ADD partners, spouses, and significant others offering feedback from both the ADD and non-ADD perspectives

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-04-18, 04:50 PM

Rose of luck is on a distinguished road
Question ANGER, split personality in partner

Hi. I am new to this forum. MY partner is yet to be diagnosed but is suspected that he may have adult ADD. He has suffered with bouts of depression that seem to cycle every 6-12 weeks lasting hours to a week at a time. When he gets dpressed he becomes a different person to me. He is cold and has no emotion or compassion to me. He is totally shut off and angry, to the point of being nasty and disrespectful. In a matter of hours or days, he completely comes out of this and returns to either a normal state or slightly vacant but happy with the world. He hardly ever takes responsibility for the times he is nasty, saying he doesnt remember or blaming it on me, or being down. Has anyone else had experience of these severe abusive mood cycles?