ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adult Diagnosis & Treatment
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adult Diagnosis & Treatment This forum is for the discussion of issues related to the diagnosis of AD/HD

Old 03-06-18, 06:07 PM
Contributor

baical will become famous soon enough
decided to try new Dr., but he rejected me!

First day in visiting a new psychiatrist, got an interview, he then dropped the bomb on me that he doesn't treat adult ADHD and doesn't believe in it and suggested I go back to my old psychiatrist! He only treats children with ADHD and indicated it's a diagnosis for children only. So I'm out of there!

The guy was old and wears hearing aid and can't hear me speak so he has an awkward sidekick person in the room with him who can "amplify" what I say to him. Such a bizarre day!

The guy was actually nothing more than a replacement and or "substitute" to whoever was there before him. Read the reviews of the place so you know it's not just me:

https://www.google.com/search?q=nati...E,lf:1,lf_ui:4

This is the kind of stuff I have been talking about that NOT all psychiatrist are ALL-KNOWING like some people in this thread have implied to "listen to what your psychiatrist say". I feel bad for the children and other customers that go to this place!
The Following User Says Thank You to baical For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (03-06-18)
Old 03-06-18, 06:10 PM
Contrapunctual Moderator

Thanked 20,743 Times in 10,434 Posts
namazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: decided to try new Dr., but he rejected me!

Sounds like you dodged a bullet!

Did they actually charge you for this interview before telling you they don't treat adults? They could've told you that over the phone and not wasted your time!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to namazu For This Useful Post:
aeon (03-06-18), baical (03-06-18), Greyhound1 (03-06-18), Lunacie (03-06-18), PoppnNSailinMan (03-24-18)
Old 03-06-18, 06:20 PM
Contributor

Yeah my insurance and info. was taken in. They should have been more upfront that the Dr. has a preference what he can diagnose someone and what he can work with instead of taking me in first. He's the only Dr. there. Have you read the reviews I linked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by namazu View Post
Sounds like you dodged a bullet!

Did they actually charge you for this interview before telling you they don't treat adults? They could've told you that over the phone and not wasted your time!
The Following User Says Thank You to baical For This Useful Post:
namazu (03-06-18)
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-18, 06:48 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 26,078 Times in 12,167 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

I would absolutely challenge that bill.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
baical (03-06-18), namazu (03-06-18)
Old 03-06-18, 07:01 PM
Contributor

They took me in last week for an "interview" aka "initiation" of a new patient, no DR. visit yet. It was today when I saw the actual Dr.

That's strange isn't it?

I don't know how or where this place found this guy from! Nor would they disclose what ever happened to the person before him! Read the reviews I linked! Hilarious!
Old 03-06-18, 07:10 PM

Thanked 21,510 Times in 11,540 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Oh well, go back to the old one.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following User Says Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
baical (03-13-18)
Old 03-07-18, 05:19 AM

Thanked 1,691 Times in 1,107 Posts
sighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant future

Hell, I would go farther than challenge the bill, I would look into filling malpractice charges...
Old 03-13-18, 04:04 AM
Contributor

That would be a waste of energy, good thing he wasn't able to "malpractice" on me giving me meds of his "preference" from his diagnosis of "preference".

Pretty much any Dr. could diagnose you with anything and if you accept, they give you pills that do not work (more common in psychiatry since what goes on in our heads can't be physically "seen").

Isn't this what happened when SSRIs was on its hyper marketing stages and Zoloft was advertising like crazy on TV about depression and these days I haven't seen any SSRIs being pushed on TV ads. Depression was a "cool" diagnosis in the late 90's and early 00's. Depression wasn't even around during the Kurt Cobain days of the early 90's. I honestly think Grunge had something to do with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sighduck View Post
Hell, I would go farther than challenge the bill, I would look into filling malpractice charges...
Old 03-13-18, 04:08 AM
Contributor

so just visiting the office I get charge for it even if I was never treated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
I would absolutely challenge that bill.
Old 03-13-18, 04:09 AM
Contributor

I may.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Missy View Post
Oh well, go back to the old one.
Old 03-13-18, 12:14 PM

Thanked 26,078 Times in 12,167 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by baical View Post
so just visiting the office I get charge for it even if I was never treated?
Yes, doctors in the U.S., including psychiatrists, bill for any "office visit."
Even if you reject their diagnosis and treatment plan.
If you're on Medicaid, they pay the bill and you don't get a vote.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me