ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-18, 11:33 AM

FlipperTheWhale is a jewel in the roughFlipperTheWhale is a jewel in the roughFlipperTheWhale is a jewel in the rough
Re: You Know You Have ADHD When ...

Just became aware of my actions this morning. I have some things I need to do today.
I chose some music. Checked this site. Cleaned litter boxes. Took a shower. Checked site. Noticed I was hungry. Started some toast. Picked up bass and played a few minutes. Waiting for toast. Checked this site. Decided to document it. Hurry up toast (I cook in pan, because I had a faulty toaster and could not trust myself to not forget about it and start a fire)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FlipperTheWhale For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (02-11-18), Lunacie (02-03-18)
Old 02-11-18, 01:48 PM
ADDvanced Member

mrzyphl is a jewel in the roughmrzyphl is a jewel in the roughmrzyphl is a jewel in the rough

...I decide to cook some bacon and eggs and see that all the dishes, pots
and pans are dirty in the sink and on the counter. And the counter is full of
used containers, cartons and packaging. So I clean a fry pan and a plate, put
the bacon on and 15 minutes later it's all ready. I turn around from the stove
and see the kitchen is sparkling clean and clear of clutter and I wonder how
the heck that happened! Normally while I'm cooking I'd just put the dishes in
the dishwasher or pick a couple things off the counter then lose interest. But
this time I must've went into hyper focus mode. And you know, it was a good feeling.
The Following User Says Thank You to mrzyphl For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (02-11-18)
Old 02-26-18, 08:39 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

RobotInDisguise is a glorious beacon of lightRobotInDisguise is a glorious beacon of lightRobotInDisguise is a glorious beacon of lightRobotInDisguise is a glorious beacon of lightRobotInDisguise is a glorious beacon of lightRobotInDisguise is a glorious beacon of light

On 2 separate occasions a family member came over to your place got tired of looking at the mess and decided to clean it up for you. Though 1st time was working real late and 2nd time was sick lol
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RobotInDisguise For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (02-26-18), Lunacie (02-26-18)
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-18, 09:02 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 14,364 Times in 6,875 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute

When someone cleans up all my messy looking piles, especially paperwork, business cards, receipts, scripts etc. and I freak out. Itís now a game of hide and seek and I canít find anything. Leave my little piles alone on top of my messy looking dresser please!

My wife makes me keep my dresser in our walk-in closet so she can shut the door so nobody will see it, if someone comes over. Lol.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (02-26-18), Lunacie (02-26-18)
Old 02-28-18, 10:57 PM

Monox D. I-Fly has a spectacular aura aboutMonox D. I-Fly has a spectacular aura about

When I am afraid to hold on babies because my clumsiness will accidentally hurt them.
The Following User Says Thank You to Monox D. I-Fly For This Useful Post:
mildadhd (03-04-18)
Old 02-28-18, 11:41 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 25,391 Times in 11,798 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monox D. I-Fly View Post
When I am afraid to hold on babies because my clumsiness will accidentally hurt them.
Babies are actually harder to break than you might think. They are still pretty
much like rubber.

I still find myself breathing a sigh of relief that I quit my job ... 13 years of
breaking things due to my clumsiness ... so much glass in that salon.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (03-01-18), stef (03-07-18)
Old 03-07-18, 07:38 AM
Zen moderator

Thanked 26,850 Times in 13,043 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

When you somehow keep missing the 7:46 commuter train by just a couple of minutes.
BECAUSE IT'S ACTUALLY AT 7:43.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
aeon (03-07-18), Little Missy (03-07-18), Lunacie (03-07-18), psychopathetic (03-07-18), ToneTone (03-07-18)
Old 03-07-18, 09:01 AM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 14,288 Times in 7,106 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stef View Post
When you somehow keep missing the 7:46 commuter train by just a couple of minutes.
This brings up a good point I think.
About how minutes can really matter for some (most?) of us.

I've been getting rides from a lady for a group I'm a part of and she picks me up at exactly 9:45 in the morning. I'm almost always ready at 9:45...but she's been early by a few minutes a couple of times...and even just 2 or 3 minutes throws me way off and I get frustrated lol. 2 or 3 minutes early means I haven't thrown my pants on or slipped my shoes on yet .

(((((((MOM)))))))
I'll always fondly remember.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (03-07-18), stef (03-07-18)
Old 03-07-18, 10:38 AM
Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,347 Times in 780 Posts
Little Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud of

Quote:
LOL....Damn good evidence there.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Nut For This Useful Post:
stef (03-07-18), ToneTone (03-07-18)
Old 03-07-18, 12:34 PM

Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If only you could reprogram your mind that the train arrives at 7:41.
That way if you're a couple of minutes late you'll still catch the train.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following User Says Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (03-07-18)
Old 03-10-18, 12:20 PM

avengerfan is on a distinguished road

You decide to make Nacho cheese in oven on broil. Tostados, and a pound of cheddar cheese on pan on highest rack. Alas, You hear the washing machine buzzer ring upstairs, decide you have 3 minutes to go put the wet clothes into the dryer (a watched oven never cooks anyway), but when you get to dryer, it is not empty, so you go look for the clothes basket which is in the bedroom, but you see kitty on bed and decide she needs a quick nail trim. Whilst trimming her nails you get a faint scent of burning cheese... The neurons start to fire first slowly, then faster. You rush downstairs to find your kitchen on fire.

P.S. No one was hurt during this incident but this was my defining moment!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to avengerfan For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (03-10-18), Lunacie (03-10-18), Ronelh (05-09-18), ToneTone (03-10-18)
Old 03-10-18, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avengerfan View Post
You decide to make Nacho cheese in oven on broil. Tostados, and a pound of cheddar cheese on pan on highest rack. Alas, You hear the washing machine buzzer ring upstairs, decide you have 3 minutes to go put the wet clothes into the dryer (a watched oven never cooks anyway), but when you get to dryer, it is not empty, so you go look for the clothes basket which is in the bedroom, but you see kitty on bed and decide she needs a quick nail trim. Whilst trimming her nails you get a faint scent of burning cheese... The neurons start to fire first slowly, then faster. You rush downstairs to find your kitchen on fire.

P.S. No one was hurt during this incident but this was my defining moment!
OMG Yes. So glad no one was hurt, but this is a perfect description of the train
of thoughts people with adhd have all day long, every day.

Old 03-12-18, 12:36 PM
Jr Member

wazneverhere is on a distinguished road

When you have to rewind a scene in a movie or whatever you are watching, because you didn't get to catch what they said over and over.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wazneverhere For This Useful Post:
Little Nut (04-01-18), Lunacie (03-12-18)
Old 04-01-18, 12:00 AM

soupinapotato is on a distinguished road

What about people you are supposed to meet up with who call in the few minutes leading up to when you are due to leave to meet up with them? THIS (okay, and a few other reasons!) is why I turn up late and sweaty everywhere! I need those minutes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopathetic View Post
This brings up a good point I think.
About how minutes can really matter for some (most?) of us.

I've been getting rides from a lady for a group I'm a part of and she picks me up at exactly 9:45 in the morning. I'm almost always ready at 9:45...but she's been early by a few minutes a couple of times...and even just 2 or 3 minutes throws me way off and I get frustrated lol. 2 or 3 minutes early means I haven't thrown my pants on or slipped my shoes on yet .
Old 04-20-18, 03:31 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

Location: ny upstate where there are cows and trees and stuff.
DJ Bill is a name known to allDJ Bill is a name known to allDJ Bill is a name known to allDJ Bill is a name known to allDJ Bill is a name known to allDJ Bill is a name known to allDJ Bill is a name known to all

When you completely lose an $8 package of Turkey.Really! Someone somewhere is enjoying it I hope..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DJ Bill For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (04-20-18), stef (04-20-18)