ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > Personality Disorders
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-18, 04:05 PM
ADDvanced Member

BrandyDW is a jewel in the roughBrandyDW is a jewel in the roughBrandyDW is a jewel in the rough
Several disorders

I saw the psychologist today and took two tests before I saw him.

What it came back with was:
Major depressive disorder - severe
Generalized anxiety disorder
ADHD
Borderline personality disorder
Avoidant personality disorder

I see my psychiatrist again on Thursday.

I just donít know what to do now, Iíve tried dbt and cbt therapy before.
Iíve had a history of self harm and suicide attempts.

Iím on Adderall for ADHD, I added sonata to it in order to sleep while I get used to the med, I just started it about a week ago.

Iím on lexapro for my depression and anxiety, Iíve tried other medications with it but they kept not working out either because of side effects or they just didnít work.

I have several other conditions which Iím on meds for also.

Doctors always tell me Iím a complex case which annoys me, I just want relief dang it.

Anyway any suggestions?

On Adderall for ADHD, lyrica for Fibromyalgia, lexapro and viibryd for depression and anxiety, cosentyx for psoriasis, cyclosporine for IC,
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BrandyDW For This Useful Post:
benito (09-15-18), Emre22 (08-17-18), Fuzzy12 (08-16-18)
Old 08-15-18, 01:30 AM
ADDvanced Member

BrandyDW is a jewel in the roughBrandyDW is a jewel in the roughBrandyDW is a jewel in the rough
Re: Several disorders

Anyone?

On Adderall for ADHD, lyrica for Fibromyalgia, lexapro and viibryd for depression and anxiety, cosentyx for psoriasis, cyclosporine for IC,
Old 08-15-18, 02:17 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,414 Times in 15,016 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandyDW View Post
I saw the psychologist today and took two tests before I saw him.

ADHD

I see my psychiatrist again on Thursday.

I just donít know what to do now, Iíve tried dbt and cbt therapy before.
Iíve had a history of self harm and suicide attempts.

Iím on Adderall for ADHD, I added sonata to it in order to sleep while I get used to the med, I just started it about a week ago.

Iím on lexapro for my depression and anxiety, Iíve tried other medications with it but they kept not working out either because of side effects or they just didnít work.

I have several other conditions which Iím on meds for also.

Doctors always tell me Iím a complex case which annoys me, I just want relief dang it.

Anyway any suggestions?
Hey Brandy, welcome. Havent seen you before. Sorry no one has responded. I do not have a lot of experience with personality disorders only with Bipolar (I am BPII) and I am not sure if personality disorders are something that medication helps or not. I can say that as a person with bipolar who has had some harrowing experiences with psychosis...a mood stabilizer and antipsychotic has been amazing for me. I was experiencing mental fugue states until I was on antipsychotics that scared my family to death. I wouldnt be who I am today without them and am very rigid and regimented with my medicine. (In fact I can recommend via pm the most amazing pill case I have ever seen and used if anyone is interested.) My husband fills my cases every week because I was forgetting which in turn led to non-compliance which in turn led to all kinds of crazy sh*t. Plus he gets to feel like he can do something for my mental illness whereas before he felt helpless.

I do not know if this helps but they are my thoughts.

I carried a watermelon?
Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-18, 11:47 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

CharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to all

Quote:
ADHD
To be clear, does the psychologist think you have all five of the conditions simultaneously, or is this a differential diagnosis?

Quote:

Anyway any suggestions?
My (albeit very limited) understanding is that proper treatment of personality disorders requires intensive therapy and social support. It doesn't generally respond to medication. Relief is certainly possible, but it tends to be one of the most difficult psych conditions to treat.
Old 08-16-18, 01:57 AM
ADDvanced Member

Well that’s not what I wanted to hear lol, but thank you guys for responding

The Following User Says Thank You to BrandyDW For This Useful Post:
CharlesH (08-16-18)
Old 08-16-18, 03:22 PM
ADDvanced Member

SashaBV will become famous soon enough

I had to look up avoidant personality disorder. I may have that, to some degree. I tend to isolate myself to some extent.
Old 08-16-18, 05:48 PM
ADDvanced Member

Take these two tests with your psychologist you may not like the findings though lol.

Mmpi 2 and mcmi 4

SashaBV (08-17-18)
Old 08-16-18, 07:20 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 30,278 Times in 13,952 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Has your psychiatrist diagnosed you with these disorders? Who administered the tests? Just curious.

Like Charles said personality disorders usually respond best to DBT or other forms of intensive therapy. They are supposed to be hard to treat but only apparently because both the therapist and the patient (for want of a better word..) need to keep an open mind and sometimes insight can be limited with personality disorders...in other words the patient might not accept that they need help (or help in this form) or isn't willing to cooperate.

What do you think is causing you the most trouble? If meds or therapy don't work well.maybe you can tackle each problem one after the other.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
BrandyDW (08-17-18), namazu (08-16-18)
Old 08-17-18, 03:05 AM
Committee Member

Emre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to all

I have a similar situation like you , i have a neurosis problem(it is an old term , now borderline,anxiety are discussed under this label)

I have ADHD, my impulsive symptoms were already too bad now inattentive symptoms are getting bad too, probably i will need to take ADHD meds daily , i was using at only school time before

I have a perfectionism problem , it is like Obsessive Compuksive Disorder and when it combines with my impulsivity , it rides me crazy

I had social anxiety,self esteem problem when i was a teenager, i still have issues based on it.
Sometimes it turns in to depression, i suffered from depression for 2 years

I havent talked about Insomnia yet

Current medications
Cipralex(Escitalopram) 20mg
Desyrel(Trazadone) 100mg
Ramelda(Ramelteon-Rozerem) 8mg
Concerta54mg + 20mg ritaln (Not daily but i will talk to my doc, it is getting bad)
Ativan 2.5mg (only needed)

When my sitation gets worse, we add a anti-psychotics to list like Zyprexa 2.5mg , Seroquel 25mg
I remember 2 years ago , i was horribly obssesed with passing lessons calculating my notes everyday again and again

My doctor suggestmed me some books to read this summer, it helpmed to understand core of problems.

I m in complex too
Old 08-17-18, 03:46 PM
ADDvanced Member

Just got the test interpretation today....

Last edited by BrandyDW; 08-17-18 at 04:08 PM.. Reason: Img issues
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BrandyDW For This Useful Post:
Emre22 (08-20-18), Fuzzy12 (08-20-18)
Old 08-20-18, 11:28 AM

Thanked 30,278 Times in 13,952 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for posting your assessment. I can relate to a lot (probably about 80%) of what your report describes. Do you feel that the report describes you accurately? Have you started treatment?

The last line really stood out to me: "she should be encouraged to get more social interactions and to work on her low esteem". I wonder how do you that when low self esteem stops you from having social interactions or doing things that might make you feel good about yourself.
Old 08-20-18, 11:31 AM
ADDvanced Member

I feel it describes me pretty well, and as to your question of how you change I have no idea

Fuzzy12 (08-20-18)
Old 08-20-18, 01:45 PM
Committee Member

Emre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy12 View Post
Thanks for posting your assessment. I can relate to a lot (probably about 80%) of what your report describes. Do you feel that the report describes you accurately? Have you started treatment?

The last line really stood out to me: "she should be encouraged to get more social interactions and to work on her low esteem". I wonder how do you that when low self esteem stops you from having social interactions or doing things that might make you feel good about yourself.
It isnít easy solve low-esteem problem, Neurotic way to solve it being perfectionist or replacing it with something even if you realize what is going, it is still hard to solve
I thought i solved that problem long time ago, but it still exists .
But there is hope , self-awareness and theraphy is key to solve
But it doesnt occur in one day :/
Old 09-14-18, 11:39 PM

Thanked 5,031 Times in 2,186 Posts
tudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond repute

Take it with a grain of salt.

Officially I'm dx ADHD, OCD, Chronic Anxiety, Depression, PTSD and Asperger tendencies.

Anyway none of the above matters. I'm a bit wierd and a bit ****** up. Sometimes moreso than others.

I keep thinking of that quote about how some people want to put you into a box and don't be afraid to shove that box up their ****.
Old 09-15-18, 04:18 AM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 15,242 Times in 7,590 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tudorose View Post
I keep thinking of that quote about how some people want to put you into a box and don't be afraid to shove that box up their ****.
Unless you're a cat.
Then you take the box and make a party of it!

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
benito (09-15-18), tudorose (09-16-18)