ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > Sleeping
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-18, 04:47 PM

DanielGM1970 is a glorious beacon of lightDanielGM1970 is a glorious beacon of lightDanielGM1970 is a glorious beacon of lightDanielGM1970 is a glorious beacon of lightDanielGM1970 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: CPAP Diary

Will do, Benito, def look into it.

To qualify:

1. You can't be too overweight.
2. You have to have tried CPAP with no success.
3. Your airway has to close the "right" way when you have sleep apnea events at night (usually people who are very overweight don't qualify for this reason), so 75% of people pass this test. It's a mildly invasive outpatient procedure to test this.

Plus you have to qualify with your insurance company once the doctor approves you, because it ain't cheap and the insurance companies claim it's still an "experimental" treatment although it really isn't. Usually you have to submit a few times before you are approved. Private insurance companies are more willing than that of federal employees.

Success rate to treat the sleep apnea is 100% with the latest techniques.

Good luck with whatever you try!

I cease trying to be perfect, and instead stay faithful to my psychological and spiritual practice. - Dr. David Richo

Be yourself, and the rest will follow.

DG
Old 09-10-18, 06:57 PM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 14,743 Times in 7,346 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielGoldberg View Post
3. Your airway has to close the "right" way
lol you lost me at #1

But also, I'm very much so having success with my cpap machine...as far as sleep is going, I'm pretty consistently getting more of it and it's MUCH more restful then I've had in years!

The surgery sounds pretty scary to me. It sounds freaky the way it jolts your tongue to move like that...I mean I know you're sleeping when it's working so you don't feel it...but what if you wake up in the middle of the night, or when you wake up in the morning?
Is it gentle? Does it freak you out at all?

I'm glad it's working for you so far though! I'd love to get more updates from you to see how it goes.

It's nice that there are other options out there for sleep apnea besides just cpap machines.

I'm just happy I've given this cpap thing a good honest attempt this time. I didn't last but 3 or 4 days with it years ago with my first try before I gave up on it.
Now I'm 12 nights in and I've no intentions of giving in. I've had a couple of off days...but dang, over all it's working!

(((((((MOM)))))))
I'll always fondly remember.

The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
namazu (09-10-18)
Old 09-10-18, 09:37 PM

DanielGM1970 is a glorious beacon of lightDanielGM1970 is a glorious beacon of lightDanielGM1970 is a glorious beacon of lightDanielGM1970 is a glorious beacon of lightDanielGM1970 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi,

Yeah, it's freaky at first getting used to the jolt, but it really feels more like a muscle flexing than anything else. And your tongue actually barely moves at all; it's not like it shoots out of your mouth or anything crazy like that.

Actually, I've woken up in the middle of the night and gone to the kitchen to get something to eat and not even realized it was still on. So at this point I want them to set it to a longer period because the problem is now that I've been taking care of the insomnia, I'm sleeping LONGER than the 7 hours it's set too, so I'm not getting the full benefit! lol, ironic. So I'm dealing with some headaches and fogginess because of it.

It actually flexes once when you turn it on, so you know for sure it's been turned on, even though there's an indicator light on the remote.

Anyways, I'll give updates.

D.

I cease trying to be perfect, and instead stay faithful to my psychological and spiritual practice. - Dr. David Richo

Be yourself, and the rest will follow.

DG
The Following User Says Thank You to DanielGM1970 For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (09-11-18)
Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-18, 06:54 AM

benito is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielGoldberg View Post
Will do, Benito, def look into it.

To qualify:

3. Your airway has to close the "right" way when you have sleep apnea events at night (usually people who are very overweight don't qualify for this reason), so 75% of people pass this test. It's a mildly invasive outpatient procedure to test this.

Plus you have to qualify with your insurance company once the doctor approves you, because it ain't cheap and the insurance companies claim it's still an "experimental" treatment although it really isn't. Usually you have to submit a few times before you are approved. Private insurance companies are more willing than that of federal employees.

Success rate to treat the sleep apnea is 100% with the latest techniques.

Good luck with whatever you try!
I'm a bit overweight (25kg more than my normal weight) and cpap is doing very well. I am not a candidate for this type of treatment. Now I'm fine, but I saw interesting the idea of taking away the cpap forever. I'm swimming a lot more and losing weight (6kg less in 1.5 months). My intention is to continue like this and lose enough to be able to check if I still need the cpap. Greetings.

My meds

Morning: Vyvanse 30mg and effexor xr 150mg

night: effexor xr 150mg, lamictal 100mg, abilify 5mg, seroquel 100mg and clonazepam 0.5mg
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to benito For This Useful Post:
DanielGM1970 (09-11-18), psychopathetic (09-11-18)