ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > New Member Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-03, 11:36 PM

DarkHound is on a distinguished road
DarkHound - Toledo, Oh

Hey all.. This is actually my second post here. I live in the land of the most famous crossdresser in america.. Well maybe not the most famous, but I'm sure everyone remembers Klinger.

In any case, I came here not in search of a cure, but rather in search of something more. I do not believe ADD is a hinderance like most do. In fact, I believe is a kind of advancement. My personal theory on ADD is that it's not a disease, not a problem, it's a gift, maybe even the next step in evolution. I'm sure there are those who have thier own oppinions but this is how I feel.

I don't want to overcome ADD, I don't want to repress it with meds as I did as a child. I want to nurture it, to figure out what makes it tick, how to use it to my ADDvantage as LWADD would put it. I believe there is SO much more to this gift. And I think with it working for me, instead of against me, I can and will be successful in everything I do..

Anyways, that's my position. Anyone else here feel the same? Know of some good sites to read about this type of thing?
Old 04-04-03, 12:02 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Tara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to all
Welcome DarkHound!!

I think it's great to have people here who view AD/HD differently. That way we can all learn from each other.

http://www.thomhartmann.com is great site that views AD/HD in positive light.

http://www.metagifted.com is an interesting site. It's a bit "out there" though.
Old 04-04-03, 12:41 AM

DarkHound is on a distinguished road
Great, but that metawhatever site doesn't seem to work for me... Thanks tho!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-03, 12:46 AM
Forum ADDvocate

Lafnalot is on a distinguished road
Welcome Dark Hound. Nice to have you with us. I veiw ADD as a little of both, curse and benediction, like all things, a double edged sword. How we weild it determines how it is veiwed and what name we put to it. I think we are going to all have some really great conversations.
Old 04-04-03, 12:54 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Tara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to all
Oops it's http://metagifted.org/ not "com"
Old 04-04-03, 10:20 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

Spirit has disabled reputation
Greetings Dark Hound!!

I too view my ADD as a gift, and then sometimes a hinderance. I live in a world where everyone in this house relys on me to get things done. (grrr bunch of lazy ppl) There are times that if I just had a better memory it would make things go a lot smoother. My memory problems is about the only thing that irritates me about having ADD. Other than that, it's great!