ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > PARENTS OF CHILDREN WITH ADD/ADHD > General Parenting Issues
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

General Parenting Issues The purpose of this forum is to discuss general parenting issues related to children with AD/HD(ADD & ADHD)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-13-06, 10:41 PM
Jr Member

memphismom is on a distinguished road
adhd 9 yr. old on anti-depressant too? Thoughts

Our Psychologist recently suggested that my son may be depressed. He is taking focalin xr and doing very well on it, but she feels we need to address his mood issues. It is quite plausible that he is depressed. Life has been tough at home and he has had plenty of discouragement in his school career. Still, I am unsure about adding an antidepressant. I myself take an antidepressant and have for 10 yrs now. It has been a great help to me in clarifying my mind and my responsibilities, so I am not against the possibility that it could be helpful. I am ....uneasy about the use in children. I would appreciate this communities imput on this matter. Thank you.