ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 11-24-07, 08:10 PM
Jr Member

dhbanes is on a distinguished road
Re: Pouring Adderall XR pellets out of capsule, putting down mouth with water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljdeb
pedal,

so that might be why our pediatrition suggested using appalesuase...apples have to be one of the less acidic fruits doesn't it??

It really is amazing the amount of opinions vs fact is out there. But at the same time, people are so different and solutions so vary per person. ...not so easy...
This information is readily available via a simple Google search.

pH of Applesauce: 3.10-3.60

pH of Apple Juice: 3.35 - 4.00

pH of Apples: 3.34 - 3.90

pH of Grapefruit Juice: 2.90 - 3.25

Approximate pH of Foods and Food products
Old 11-25-07, 10:58 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

speedo has much to be proud ofspeedo has much to be proud ofspeedo has much to be proud ofspeedo has much to be proud ofspeedo has much to be proud ofspeedo has much to be proud ofspeedo has much to be proud ofspeedo has much to be proud ofspeedo has much to be proud ofspeedo has much to be proud of
Re: Pouring Adderall XR pellets out of capsule, putting down mouth with water.

This is a great idea. the one thing that you need to be careful about is to not give orange juice or grapefruit juice with the adderall because citric acid will reduce the effectiveness of the adderall.

I've also read of parents sprinkling the contents of the capsule into applesauce to make it easier for the child to take.

Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredonian
I've notice that sometimes when I take my Adderall XR capsule, the effects would not always kick in the same. This would occur even when I had avoided foods or acid based additives that could hender the effects. I read on the pharmacy data sheet where with children, parents can pour the pellets out of the capsule and mix with juice if the child does not want to take the capsule. THIS IS NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH CRUSHING THE PELLETS OR CHEWING ON THEM. IT STATES CLEARLY NOT TO DO THAT! However, I started doing this last week by taking the pellets loose with water, and I notice a far better effect from the medication. I'm not sure why this would make a difference, as the gelatin capsule is supposed to dissolve. However in my experience the difference is quite noticable to the point it is regular practice. I should add that I have a hiatal hernia, and this may play a role. This is not a question, but I wanted to share it with the forum for informational purpose and allow for comment and feedback. Regards-

Charles
"Sig personnas illegitum non carborundum." (unknown)
The computer lets you make more mistakes faster, with the exception of tequila and a handgun. (M. Radcliffe)