ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > New Member Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-08, 10:00 AM
Jr Member

Addafrica is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Lonely ADD in South Africa

Hi
My name is Natasja I am a mother of two and I live in Johannesburg South Africa. As I am sitting here I am trying to recover from a screaming match with my 13year old son for yet again not doing his homework and me being called in by his school.
Matthew has ADD and for all eight years of his school career it has been a struggle to get him to write down his homework. If I know what he had to do I can make sure he does it. I hate to see how all of this is affecting his self esteem and I really just feel so alone and hopeless. I am tired of educational psychologists and their textbook perfect solutions.
And being ADD myself is really not helping.
I currently just feel like a complete failure as a parent.
The Following User Says Thank You to Addafrica For This Useful Post:
auntchris (03-14-08)
Old 03-13-08, 10:17 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,276 Times in 975 Posts
Mary is a splendid one to beholdMary is a splendid one to beholdMary is a splendid one to beholdMary is a splendid one to beholdMary is a splendid one to beholdMary is a splendid one to beholdMary is a splendid one to behold
Re: Lonely ADD in South Africa

Firstly, Welcome to ADDForums!

Secondly, you are not a failure. You have ADD, that does not mean you cannot achieve a happy home life. We have a section on parenting, here: http://www.addforums.com/forums/foru...ysprune=&f=105

Also, please read our guidelines: http://www.addforums.com/forums/anno....php?f=75&a=64

Our section for Adults with ADD: http://www.addforums.com/forums/foru...daysprune=&f=9 ..may also be of interest.

This section covers education issues: http://www.addforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45

If you have more concerns and can't find what you're looking for, please feel free to ask me or anyone else. Supermods are highlighted Yellow, moderators are in green...admins are in red. We also have a search engine.

Once again welcome and I hope this helps.

Remember, we here at ADDForums can only do so much. It's up to us as individuals to make the right choices, to seek professional help outside the forums.
Old 03-14-08, 06:30 PM

auntchris is a jewel in the roughauntchris is a jewel in the roughauntchris is a jewel in the rough

Hi and welcome to the forums.

Miss Mary stole my advice...

A child's mind is like a shallow brook which ripples and dances merrily over the stony course of its education and reflects here a flower, there a bush, yonder fleecy cloud... -Helen Keller

Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-08, 08:12 PM
Ghost in the Machine

Thanked 1,633 Times in 574 Posts
Andrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Natasja...

Welcome to the ADD Forums

To review the ADD Forums Guidelines, please click here.
Old 03-18-08, 03:51 PM

Swede63 has a spectacular aura aboutSwede63 has a spectacular aura about

Hang in there Natasja. Keep in mind that you are doing the best you can under the circumstances. You sound like a caring parent and that is what matters most.
Welcome to the Forums
Old 03-18-08, 04:20 PM

Thanked 1,018 Times in 641 Posts
QueensU_girl has a brilliant futureQueensU_girl has a brilliant futureQueensU_girl has a brilliant futureQueensU_girl has a brilliant futureQueensU_girl has a brilliant futureQueensU_girl has a brilliant futureQueensU_girl has a brilliant futureQueensU_girl has a brilliant futureQueensU_girl has a brilliant futureQueensU_girl has a brilliant futureQueensU_girl has a brilliant future

Welcome!

Are you able to get some support for yourself? Are there Adults ADDer or ADD parent support groups where you are?

There must be other people near you who are going thru the SAME THING...