ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Medications for Co-Existing Conditions > Anti-Depressants
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-08, 04:27 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

netsavy006 is a jewel in the roughnetsavy006 is a jewel in the roughnetsavy006 is a jewel in the rough
Question Lexapro - withdrawel or increased anxiety?

While I know nobody is a doctor I would like to see if I can avoid a Dr's visit for now. When I saw my pdoc yesterday, I forgot to mention that I was getting dizzy and having headaches. I'm also picking at my nails (and skin) again.

What I'd like to know is it possible for it to be some withdrawal reaction to the decreased Lexapro or is it my anxiety returning? Either way, I don't know how I'd tell my mom and the pdoc about this as I've just seen her yesterday and gave me (and filled) a script for the 5mg tablets.

Personally, I hated how the other pdoc reduced my Lexapro to 5mg and would like to re-titrate back to 20mg...

Dx: Asperger's + Schizoaffective Disorder - Bipolar Type + Panic Disorder w/o Agoraphobia
Rx: Lithium 900mg + Xanax 0.5mg TID + Celexa 10mg + Clozaril 325mg + Centrum + Fish Oil
Old 09-22-08, 07:15 PM
Contributor

Grey Kameleon has a spectacular aura aboutGrey Kameleon has a spectacular aura about
Re: Lexapro - withdrawel or increased anxiety?

When I took Lex, I got dizzy right from the start, about as much as when I started tapering off. Then again, I think my response to it may have been unusually acute.