ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > New Member Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-08, 01:03 PM

vtenginerd is on a distinguished road
Re: Hello from VT

ADDAWAY, it honestly never really occurred to me to record the lectures. That would be a good idea for me anyway because in classes where I'm constantly taking notes I typically end up focusing on getting the content in my notebook and I'll worry about absorbing it later. With the recording I could just play it back as I review notes.
Old 04-04-08, 11:15 PM

misscali is on a distinguished road

Welcome! My brother goes to VT! Go HOkies..
Old 04-07-08, 06:40 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 3,337 Times in 1,909 Posts
Bluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to ADDForums!
Old 04-07-08, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by misscali View Post
Welcome! My brother goes to VT! Go HOkies..
Thanks! What does your brother study? I'm in the structural engineering program here.

Go Hokies!!!
Old 04-07-08, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluerose View Post
Welcome to ADDForums!
Thanks!
Old 04-22-08, 11:33 PM

Bump...I figured this was the best place to say this.

Anyway, I got tested by a psychologist a couple weeks ago and just got my diagnosis today. He says I'm ADHD-combined. I'm more inattentive than hyperactive, but they're both there. He referred me to a physician to discuss medication, and that appointment is on Thursday, so I'll let you all know how it goes.

He also said that I have an adjustment disorder with mixed anxiety and depression. I'm still not quite sure what it means, but he doesn't seem to be too concerned (I guess since it's probably related to the add anyway). He did recommend talking to the school counselors, though, so I may end up going back to the original counselor with this in mind.

That's about it for now. It's a relief to have that diagnosis. I don't really want to have a diagnosable mental condition, but at the same time I feel it really explains my life problems and I feel that I can finally get my life in order.
Old 04-22-08, 11:36 PM
Forum Guru

MJwatson has a spectacular aura aboutMJwatson has a spectacular aura about

Pointless story,...

So there is a Hokie kids club, wich we signed up our youngest for. They got to go to Lane Stadium and get autographs from the while team! That was cool! I'll put up Drew and the hokie bird in my Album. I was also carrying my 18 month son...I asked the QB "would you sign my baby"? From Talledega nights! Hilarious!..to me anyway!!
Old 04-22-08, 11:40 PM

Haha, that's so cool! The Talladega Nights reference is awesome! Did the QB get it?
Old 04-22-08, 11:40 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

Crackerjack is a jewel in the roughCrackerjack is a jewel in the roughCrackerjack is a jewel in the rough

Go Hokies, indeed.

Never did the Sharkey's 911 challenge, but someone I know did and actually drank an entire pitcher of water afterwards. Heh.

Saw there's a Jimmy John's there now. I might have to go back just for those sandwiches

Good luck with getting the student office to help you out with your ADD. They were sympathetic, but unfortunately some of my teachers were real jerks about compliance.
"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering."

-- The Doctor, "Dr. Who: The Face of Evil (1977)

Old 04-22-08, 11:46 PM

That 911 challenge sounds like something our group would do. If only I could pry them away from Hokie House $0.29 wings...

Yeah, there's a Jimmy Johns downtown near TOTS. I usually go there for lunch when I forget to pack a lunch in the morning (which is usually everyday). I'll rotate between Sycamore and Substation II.

I have a pretty good relationship with my professors, so I should be alright as far as that goes. It helps that we're a pretty small department and all my classes are in Patton.

I take it you went to Tech...what'd you study?
Old 04-23-08, 12:12 AM
Forum Guru

MJwatson has a spectacular aura aboutMJwatson has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtenginerd View Post
Haha, that's so cool! The Talladega Nights reference is awesome! Did the QB get it?
Oh yeah he got it!! It was great!

From what I hear...the worst part of the 911 challenge....is the next day!
Old 04-23-08, 12:22 AM

Haha! I'll have to do something like that when I get around to having kids.

I haven't eaten an order of the hottest wings a place has before, but I've had some pretty hot ones and the next day is no fun at all! The same goes with spicy food in general. I love it, but the next day it doesn't love me.
Old 12-20-08, 02:43 PM
ADDvanced Member

bandie08 will become famous soon enough

H.O.K.I.E.S HOKIES!!!!

I am transfering to tech in 2010

Trumpet + ADHD = Fun
Old 12-20-08, 08:34 PM
Contributor

indy is a name known to allindy is a name known to allindy is a name known to allindy is a name known to allindy is a name known to allindy is a name known to all

i've just been diagnosed within the last month at the age of 28. i was already seeing a psychiatrist for other mental issues, but he came to the same conclusions about me as your psychologist did you. he said that because my innate "smarts" allowed me to do well in school despite attention problems, the condition had slipped by unnoticed. i've just gone back to school in a effort to make a career change. i already have one undergrad degree. and yeah, the symptoms are just causing me more problems the further i move along in school.

Last edited by indy; 12-20-08 at 08:35 PM.. Reason: typos
Old 12-20-08, 08:54 PM
Contributor

indy is a name known to allindy is a name known to allindy is a name known to allindy is a name known to allindy is a name known to allindy is a name known to all

i have other mental conditions - and they were actually diagnosed before the ADHD - but my psychiatrist told me that depression/anxiety are very commonly seen together with ADHD. in fact, i actually took it to the extreme and let the anxiety and frustration of trying to control an ADHD brain develop as OCD. yes, continue to work with the counsellor you first saw he/she obviously had some insight into your problem and should be able to help further.