ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Advocacy, Coaching, Counseling and Practitioner Referrals > United States Referrals > United States - Pacific Coast and Western U.S. > California
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-03, 07:53 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Tara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to all
Find Local ADD / ADHD Support Groups in California

Here's a site that helps people meet up with others with ADD.

Adullt AD/HD
http://adultadd.meetup.com

General AD/HD
http://add.meetup.com
Old 01-04-04, 11:18 PM

LewMills is on a distinguished road
CHADD of Northern California has a calendar of major non-profit support groups and events and links to other calendars at:

http://www.chaddnorcal.org/schedule

Lew
Old 09-15-04, 07:19 PM
ADDvanced Member

moxee33 will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Entrepreneur group for people with ADD starting in San Francisco!

A new support group has started for ADD entrepreneurs who have started or are thinking of starting their own businesses in San Francisco.

We plan to meet once per month to discuss the issues that are unique to entrepreneurs with ADD. Everyone agrees that its very hard to start your own business, but the problems become more complex when the entrepreneur has ADD problems with boredom, procrastination, distraction etc. We need to be reminded of the strengths our businesses have because of ADD, like creativity, enthusiasm, hyperfocus.

Our goal is to coach, encourage, maybe even phone and nag (with permission) each other in order to help ourselves and other members get through the difficult patches that we all encounter.

This is the place to discuss problems as well as the solutions for the issues specific to starting a business when you have ADD. Come and get motivated to tackle the business problem that is weighing you down!

Our first meeting is scheduled for October 13 at 7 pm. Lets get acquainted with each other and our businesses. If you would like to attend but cannot meet on the specific date, please send me an email.

Please join us!

The link to join this group is at meetup.com

http://adultadd.meetup.com/224/

Entrepreneurs with Attention Deficit Disorder (Inattentive)
Attention Deficit Disorder Meetup Group No. 224
Meet other entrepreneurs who are tackling the unique issues of starting a new business and also dealing with inattentive-type ADD.Gather to support and encourage each other by sharing your ideas,experiences,and progress in a positive atmosphere.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-04, 02:46 AM

starzia is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Help in Monterey

I really need to find some support, and respite! my 6 year old son has severe ADHD and can not be treated with conventional medications as they cause secondary psychosis.
I tried everything for two years and he kept ending up in hospital because of the bad side affects.
He has been drug free since December, but it is so hard.
We just moved to the area and don't know anyone.
The school program he's in sucks and he has two younger siblings at home whoes lives he is making hell!
I love my son and want to do the best for him, but I feel like I'm ready to just fall apart at the seams.
If you know of anyone in my area that could help, or any good alternative medication practicioners, I would love to hear about it.
On the edge of insanity!!!
Starzia.
Old 06-14-05, 03:14 AM
ADDvanced Member

onemoreyear is on a distinguished road
This is more for people who THINK they have ADD and are seeking a sliding-scale clinic to have their testing done.

California Graduate Institute (310) 208-7187. All the evals are done by interns, but it's on a sliding scale, and it's pretty quick.
Old 08-23-05, 06:24 PM

Daniel'sMom is on a distinguished road
Still Cannot Find A Support Group

I live in Southern CA; Riverside to be exact. Everything that does exist is 60-100 miles + away and I wont be able to attend something that far away regularly. I am looking for a support group for Parents of Children with AD/HD.
The link below for the General AD/HD doesnt exist
Is there anything out there near where I live? I don't mind driving a bit....but 60-100 miles is a bit much!
Lisa (Daniel's Mom)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara
Here's a site that helps people meet up with others with ADD.

Adullt AD/HD
http://adultadd.meetup.com

General AD/HD
http://add.meetup.com
Old 04-27-06, 07:27 AM

stevek182 is on a distinguished road
anyone know of any support groups in the central coast area
Old 06-28-08, 05:47 AM
Jr Member

Nerdy Optimist is on a distinguished road
Re: Find Local ADD / ADHD Support Groups in California

To Daniel's Mom, I live in Hemet... Im even farther from civilization. On the optmimist side, less distraction.
Old 10-29-08, 03:35 AM
Super Meowaderator

Thanked 14,756 Times in 5,843 Posts
meadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond repute

If you have up-dated information on a source already provided this is the place to put it - If you have any additions as to where there is a support group for parents as well as ADD adults them selves, families ect this is the thread to add that information -

I am trying to organize these areas and stream line the information so it can be easily located however this area can only be as good as the information members living in the area provide

Follow ADDForums on Twitter & Facebook
Old 01-11-09, 10:07 PM
Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,113 Times in 541 Posts
wsmac has much to be proud ofwsmac has much to be proud ofwsmac has much to be proud ofwsmac has much to be proud ofwsmac has much to be proud ofwsmac has much to be proud ofwsmac has much to be proud ofwsmac has much to be proud ofwsmac has much to be proud of

I live in Humboldt county and I'm happy to meet anyone in person.

I'm not aware of any support groups in my area.

Also, I am gathering up PDA's and PDA-type devices to hopefully handout to local highschools, doctors offices (who see ADD patients), etc.

Currently I have three such devices but I'm always looking for more on Craigslist.

I also have a small variety of books and videos about ADD/HD that I don't mind loaning out... as well as several books on AS that I no longer need.

=========
I know have a new diagnosis: Attention Difference Display / Happy Dance (ADD/HD)... I think it fits!
=========

Sometimes I worry that if I don't slow down... I'll run my batteries down and won't be able to recharge myself... powered down permanently at such a young age!
Old 02-23-11, 07:18 PM

brekndwn is on a distinguished road

Hello, I have recently joined. My son is 17 now, and almost out of control, verbally. He is what they call the ring of fire. He takes no meds, he wont. I am lost at what to do anymore. This is a small town, no groups that I know of. Teachers cant handle him. I could go on..my heart is brekn, any suggestions?