ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > New Member Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-04, 11:02 AM
ADDvanced Member

Jay Jay is on a distinguished road
Question Jay Jay new in Utah

Hi! I recently learned I have adult ADD,combined. I had ADD as a child pretty bad and I've had a lot of struggles as an adult that have variously been diagnosed as, Generalized Anxiety, Bipolar Disorder, Borderline Personality Disorder(They admit that was a big mistake), and Depression. ADD runs strong in my family on both my mother's and father's side. My children also have ADD, so it's amazing they missed the diagnosis for so long. Has anyone else had such a hard time getting diagnosed? I would be grateful to hear from anyone sympathizing with my condition.
Old 06-27-04, 11:12 AM
Ghost in the Machine

Thanked 2,056 Times in 578 Posts
Andrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to the ADD Forums, Jay Jay! I think you'll find lots of folks here who are sympathetic to what you've been going through.

To review the ADD Forums Guidelines, please click here.
Old 06-27-04, 11:53 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Tara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to all
Welcome to ADD Forums!!!
Old 06-27-04, 12:56 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

jaimegerise has disabled reputation
Welcome to the forums, JayJay! I myself have ADD, anxiety/depression, OCD, and borderline personality disorder, and it took forever and a day to get it all dxed! Oh well, so it goes....

Glad you could join us!
Old 06-27-04, 01:36 PM
ADDvanced Member

Cool

I see you live in Plymouth, Mass.. I used to live in Weymouth, Randolph, and Falmouth. I am a tenth great grandson of John and Pricilla Alden. I grew up in Massachusettes schools and struggled with ADD the whole time. The hardest thing was doing homework after school. I would sit for hours and get nothing done, crying the whole time until my parents would finally give up trying to make me do it. At school, I would stare out the window daydreaming until my teachers would give up on me. By time I was in High School I had learned to sit in the front of the class in order to focus my attention, so I did pretty well, but I never could do homework. Thank you for your welcome.
Old 06-27-04, 03:32 PM
Jumping.. In slow motion

David is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to behold
Welcome to the community, Jay Jay!
Old 06-27-04, 04:51 PM
Forum ADDvocate

FlakeyGirl will become famous soon enough
Welcome from me, too, a fellow former front-and-center sitter! I can remember thinking when I was first diagnosed as an adult "Geez, it seems so obvious, now!"
Old 06-27-04, 09:56 PM

The Admiral is on a distinguished road
Hey!

I am Steven, also from UT! Welcome out to the Forums!
If you want to talk, just give me a yell!

-The Admiral

Neither the type of ceremony, severity of temperature, nor size of audience will ever dictate the level of quality of my performance.

While performing I stand sharp and crisp; motionless by choice, for I have voluntarily chosen to represent every member, past and present, of the United States Air Force Auxiliary- Civil Air Patrol.

I am a Ceremonial Guardsman.
Old 06-27-04, 10:34 PM
ADDvanced Member

Cool A Fellow Airman

Hi Steven, I was in the Air Force for three years. I was a navigator on an MC-130 aircraft stationed at Clark Air Base in the Philippines. I was assigned to the First Special Operations Squadron. My ADD played a role in why I had to leave the Air Force. I had intended to make it a career. Now I work for the Boy Scouts in Utah County.